Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specs:

MB: Asus z690 proart (ProArt Z690-CREATOR WIFI|Motherboards|ASUS Global)
CPU: Intel 12900k
Cooler: Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO (installed top exhaust)
Case: Corsair 5000d (6 intake fans and 1 rear exhaust all 120mm)

With default bios settings and the latest bios of version 1601 x64 and am observing odd VCORE voltages in HWMonitor. Below is an image of HWMonitor just after a completed boot into windows 10 (1st image). The VCORE max is showing as 2.400 and regularly is in the 2+ range.

I am just starting to benchmark and troubleshoot temps/voltages. When running cinebench R23 multi core I instantly begin thermal throttling at 100C. 2nd image below is 2 minutes into R23 and it is thermal throttling with reduced clock speeds and VID voltages witha VCORE reading of 2.3. I plan on checking the AIO install and potentially getting a thermal grizzly plate but before I do that I want to make sure there isn't a motherboard voltage issue right off the bat. I have used intel extreme tuning to set manual voltages in the 1.1-1.2 range and then running cinebench but the MG reported VCORE voltage stays extremely high.

Why is the VCORE reading so high?
Is this an unsafe range?
When watching jayztwocents undervolting video his VCORE readings, although higher than the VID was not way above or anywhere near 2.
Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Image of HWMonitor after completed boot sequence
Font Parallel Pattern Number Rectangle

Image of HWMonitor after 2 minutes of Cinebench R23 multicore:
Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel Number

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'd use hwinfo64. Also no, the thermal grizzly bracket is not going to solve this problem, you definitely need to check the AIO and make sure it is working correctly.

And yes 2.4V is crazy high voltage if that is a correct reading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts