Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/girls,
I own 2x Zotac GTX 770 4GB each in SLI. Few days ago I noticed that in GPU-Z SLI was disabled and in NVIDIA Control Panel SLI option disappeared. As natural, my first impression was one of my GPUs died. So, in order to find out what the issue was, I uninstalled first the GPU on the PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_1 slot. Reboot and black screen. Next I uninstalled my GPU from the PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_2 slot (I thought this GPU was died) and put the former one in this slot. Reboot and black screen again. Finally I put both GPUs into the PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_1 slot and everything fine. Curiously if I put both GPUs in SLI my desktop works perfectly but SLI is not working, just my GPU placed in the PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_1 slot is working and SLI is not detected. The obvious conclusion is a physical failure of PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_2 slot. BTW, I proved several whql drivers and also I updated successfully the BIOS from 2501 to 2702 and the issue persists. I know that here in overclock.net there are experts on this matter but also it is possible that this issue already has been presented in this forum. Thus, I would appreciate any opinion/advice/solution at respect. I thank you in advance your help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts