Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ZenStates 0.7.6747

- Created a new method for storing settings, hopefully works better. Also has the advantage of being human readable XML (should be located under C:\ProgramData\ASUS ZenStates).
- Removed Performance Enhancer and replaced it with PPT/TDC/EDC control. They're inactive right now since I'm not able to reset back to default values at the moment.
- Again attempts to install/start the service at launch so you don't have to manage it yourself
- Added more details to the Event Log messages from AsusZsSrv for easier debugging
- Any settings are now only applied when the tray icon is initialized
- Added a "-min" switch for the software which is used for auto-starting. This means that by default when launching the application manually, the main window will be visible.
- The "Save" button now only appears when settings are not saved

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6robkt74vc9wgdf/ASUS ZenStates 0.7.6747.zip

·
Registered
473 Posts
thanks would it be 1800X?

·
Realist
376 Posts
Do you have a link to a post or something to elaborate on what Eternal XFR is? My gut feeling would be something along the lines of XFR still working with a custom overclock.. Or is it under wraps?

·
Banned
393 Posts
Custom XFR sounds great!

I did use zen states for a period when I was getting to grips with pstate/manual ratio & C-states. Worked well.

However I found from my testing that performance was slightly less than when overclocking with the BIOS. I have seen others say the opposite though.

Great software and I'd be interested in testing the custom XFR if it will work with the Crosshair VI

·
Registered
89 Posts
Still using ZenStates and pre-ordered the 2700x, so thanks for keeping it up-to-date :) The future changelog looks promising, especially the XFR bit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is it "External" or "Eternal" XFR? :D

Anyway, an XFR that is working with OC would be awesome .. 4GHz on 1 or 2 Cores isn't a big deal for any Ryzen. :)

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have a link to a post or something to elaborate on what Eternal XFR is? My gut feeling would be something along the lines of XFR still working with a custom overclock.. Or is it under wraps?
Is it "External" or "Eternal" XFR? :D

Anyway, an XFR that is working with OC would be awesome .. 4GHz on 1 or 2 Cores isn't a big deal for any Ryzen. :)

As written, Eternal XFR. More info after the Ryzen 2/C7H embargo is up.

What the app really needs is a "reset all values to default" option.

Reset to whatever the BIOS settings are? That's doable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Reset to whatever the BIOS settings are? That's doable.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking about.

Right now you have to remember the default values, and you can't, for example, easily switch back to default XFR behavior, when you have booted with overclocked settings. It would probably be even more helpful if you could also save different profiles.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, that's what I'm thinking about.

Right now you have to remember the default values, and you can't, for example, easily switch back to default XFR behavior, when you have booted with overclocked settings. It would probably be even more helpful if you could also save different profiles.
Going back to defaults with XFR without a reboot is not possible, after entering "OC Mode" there's no way back.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Going back to defaults with XFR without a reboot is not possible, after entering "OC Mode" there's no way back.
I haven't tried it yet, but there is bit 25 of MSRC001_0015 for example:

CpbDis: core performance boost disable. Read-write. Reset: 0. 0=CPB is requested to be enabled.
1=CPB is disabled. Specifies whether core performance boost is requested to be enabled or disabled. If
core performance boost is disabled while a core is in a boosted P-state, the core automatically transitions
to the highest performance non-boosted P-state.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Elmor,

Remember it does this:

http://www.overclock.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=153689&thumb=1

When trying to start it for the first time (after passing UAC) on my system. If I start it a second time, it's fine. I mentioned it some time back, you said you knew what it was.

Would love to see a way to start when Windows does BUT not apply the settings when it starts (basically start and stay resident), I know that's counter-intuitive, but I'd like to have it ready so I can apply a PState OC as needed, and then a way to "deactivate the OC/return to defaults" as well. Might also be neat to have an import/export for settings, and maybe even a couple 3 "profile slots" for a few different PState Settings. Edit: If going back to defaults isn't possible without a reboot, would have a profile that more or less just had your default PState Settings set and being able to activate/load it be a workaround for that issue?

Thanks for still working on this Elmor, a lot of us love it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Great, I think u prefer test with Pinnacle than with Summit? My 24/7 pc is based at Summit.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Alright Elmor, I'll be testing this. Running a 2600x with C6H Bios 6101 currently. I assume PE settings activates the same one as the BIOS? Can it be turned on and off without a reboot? What do Core C6 State and Package C6 State do, I've always been curious of that?

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great, I think u prefer test with Pinnacle than with Summit? My 24/7 pc is based at Summit.

Summit is OK too, no difference in functionality. Performance Enhancer works on Summit as well, but the result is not as great. For example 1800X will stay at 4.1G single-threaded and 3.7G multi-threaded.

Alright Elmor, I'll be testing this. Running a 2600x with C6H Bios 6101 currently. I assume PE settings activates the same one as the BIOS? Can it be turned on and off without a reboot? What do Core C6 State and Package C6 State do, I've always been curious of that?

All settings apply on the fly. Core/Package C6 allow very low power C-states. I believe Package C6 is the same as Global C-states Control under AMD CBS.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Need a few beta testers

ZenStates 0.3.6689
A quick test from work via RDP - had to uninstall the 2.2 version service first (via the 2.2 folder's unistall.bat). No issues installing the new version, changed to PE3 (OC) on the fly, worked ok. Modified P2 state, worked ok. More tinkering when I'm home ..

·
TJS
6 Posts
Testing 0.3

Need a few beta testers

ZenStates 0.3.6689

- Pinnacle Ridge support
- Performance Bias option
- Performance Enhancer option
- P0 TSC workaround option (fixes timer issues when not using HPET)
- Restore settings button
- Unclean shutdown detection (won't reload settings)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p9x0glx5y7rksww/ASUS ZenStates 0.3.6689.zip
Testing 0.3
Malwarebytes interpreted Zenstates 0.3 as malware. Had to turn MWB off to run it.
Restore works by putting default values in P0-P2 windows;so you have to remember what your OC values are. Saw no difference in Perf. Enhancer selections. Do not use Performance Bias, Core C6-state or Package-C6-state - so no comparison. Otherwise works as before. No advantage over 0.2.2 in overclocking.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts