Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by navit View Post
hi all, i would like to upgrade my motherboard and not sure what to get , i know it will be asus, for now i would like to use the other stuff already in my system ( its a dell xps 420 ) i would also like it to have 2 pci x16 2.0
any thoughts??

thanks in advance

here is what i am looking at so far:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131317
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131377
What's your budget? might be able to find a mobo that fits your needs and leave leftover money for other upgrades :-O

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my buget is about 200.00, would like to stay under that so i can get another 4890 in the near future, i want to oc my 6600 for now and i cant with the way its locked right now(dell) maybe a better type of ram, but thats about all i can afford right now

oh +1 rep for being the only person who would reply
thank you

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by navit
View Post

my buget is about 200.00, would like to stay under that so i can get another 4890 in the near future, i want to oc my 6600 for now and i cant with the way its locked right now(dell) maybe a better type of ram, but thats about all i can afford right now

oh +1 rep for being the only person who would reply
thank you

For budget and for what you need I'm gonna say the P5Q will be great for you and that leaves about 100 left over for ram or HD or w/e other upgrades you want to make

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the second one one my list, right?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7hm
View Post

For budget and for what you need I'm gonna say the P5Q will be great for you and that leaves about 100 left over for ram or HD or w/e other upgrades you want to make

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts