Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
It is in low power mode. Try running SuperPi and it will magically shoot back up to stock.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's because of Col and Quiet. It makes your CPU go slower when you're not using it, to save power. When you run a stressing program it runs at full speed.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oooh, i see thanks. :/ whenever i download games and install them i always get corruption errors, im thinking this is due to my Processor

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my second question is do you think my processor is defective in any way?, my browsers always crash, always get corruption errors, and yes i've changed the voltage to 1.3 V, this is the only voltage that wont give me a BSOD.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty453;11955071
oooh, i see thanks. :/ whenever i download games and install them i always get corruption errors, im thinking this is due to my Processor
ur download maybe corrupting due to some other reasons like
the source has corrupted data
or its being corrupted during download due to improper hash info causing hash check fails.....
....and its nothing all ph 2 x4 go as low as 800mhz to save power.....
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty453;11955071
Disable Cool 'n' Quiet, C1E, and all that other junk, why do you have this proc in a CHIVF? OVERCLOCK IT!
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
It's called Cool n' Quiet. You can disable it in BIOS if you don't like it.

Also, 1.3V is pretty close to stock.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty453;11955096
Well my second question is do you think my processor is defective in any way?, my browsers always crash, always get corruption errors, and yes i've changed the voltage to 1.3 V, this is the only voltage that wont give me a BSOD.
try running prime 95 if no error is there then it might be a s/w problem or maybe ram problem....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when my voltage was at stock prime 95 gave me rounding errors, now my voltage is set to 1.3 i ran it for 5 hours with 0 errors.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh, i got this mobo for christmas, so i'm thinking of getting a new proccy :/

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
will my games run fine with the x6?,like all the old games, or will they be like super speed hack? my budget has no limit.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alright, thank you for your feedback, i shall take this pc back to the people who installed my parts that i bought and if they say i need a new cpu, i will get a Hex core.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
check if your ram is getting proper voltage and is at proper settings in bios. new mobo might be conflicting with memory settings?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts