Overclock.net banner

ATI 4850/4870 Hard Oc Ready Bios Round Up!! ( NEW 4850 BIOS ADD!!)

167467 Views 352 Replies 115 Participants Last post by  RipperR
Hey guys here is some of the OC ready bios for 4850 and 4870 round up! All have been test work perfectly. 3D mark vantage rise by 500mark on hard OC 4850, and 1000Mark on hard OC 4870 ( On my system )

I> 4850 BIOS

1. HD4850 Hard Overclocked. DF Core 750MHz Mem 1100MHz Auto Cool Fan.
GPU Core upper Limit 850MHz
Memory Upper limit 1300MHz
Vcore Modded to 1.175V for hard Overclocking.
LINK

2. HD4850 Light Overclocked. DF Core 700MHz Mem 1000MHz Auto Cool Fan.
GPU Core upper Limit 850MHz
Memory Upper limit 1300MHz
Vcore DF 1.12V
LINK

HD4850 only Upper limit. DF Core 625MHz Mem 993MHz Auto Cool Fan.
GPU Core upper Limit 950MHz
Memory Upper limit 1400MHz
Vcore DF 1.12V
LINK

HD4850 only Upper limit. DF Core 625MHz Mem 993MHz.
GPU Core upper Limit 1250MHz
Memory Upper limit 1450MHz
Vcore DF 1.12V
LINK

II - HD4870 Bios.

1. HD4870 Harder Overclocked. Core 825MHz / Mem 1100MHz Auto cool Fan.
GPU Core upper Limit 990MHz
Memory Upper limit 1200MHz YOU CAN EASILY GET UP TO 850/1180 with this BIOS
LINK

2. HD4870 Hard Overclocked. Core 815MHz / Mem 925MHz Auto cool Fan.
GPU Core upper Limit 900MHz
Memory Upper limit 1200MHz
LINK

PLEASE ADD MORE BIOS IF YOU CAN FIND, OR BIOS THAT IS MOD BY YOU!!!

NOTE: ITS BEST TO FLASH YOUR VGA BIOS IN DOS!!

INTRUCTION ON HOW TO FLASH YOUR VGA BIOS IN DOS.

Prepare a USB BOOT. just like the one you use to flash your Mainboard with

Quote:
Here is how to make a bootable USB drive

1. Make a USB bootable drive using this creator:
USB Boot drive (HPUSBFW)

2. Then download the boot files and extract them to a folder of your choice

3. Run the HPUSBFW program.

Select the correct USB device from the drop-down menu, set file system to FAT32 and check Create a DOS startup disk.

4. Then browse for the extracted boot files (now in the folder of your choice) and press start to begin formating it. DONE

FLASHING THE CARD

Quote:
Dowload ATIflash 3.6 here

After you download the ATIflash and The VGA bios need. Copy all of them in to the USBboot and boot to dos.

In dos type this command: atiflash -f -p 0 nameofyourbios.bin "ENTER"

IT WILL ASK YOU TO RESTART ONCE YOU LOG IN TO WIN, JUST RESTART AND TAKE A LOOK IN YOU CCC
THANKS ERICEOD FOR SENDING ME THIS INSTRUCTION!
1 - 20 of 353 Posts

· Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Whats the temp difference from old BIOS to new BIOS?? Worth a mention or still a cool runner.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK View Post
Whats the temp difference from old BIOS to new BIOS?? Worth a mention or still a cool runner.
I am running with the HARD OC BIOS 4870 right now and OC it even higher to core 845. Temp are surprisingly low IDLE 55 FUll 62!!

· Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modfreak View Post
I am running with the HARD OC BIOS 4870 right now and OC it even higher to core 845. Temp are surprisingly low IDLE 55 FUll 62!!

Good to know temps dont rise much with the extra volts... What cards were these BIOS taken from and do we know the compatability with other manufacturers cards.

Back in the day of the 9800 Pro and XT we had problems with some because they used different RAM, some Hynix some unbranded etc etc... Is this a problem we may face with these cards.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Good to know temps dont rise much with the extra volts... What cards were these BIOS taken from and do we know the compatability with other manufacturers cards.

Back in the day of the 9800 Pro and XT we had problems with some because they used different RAM, some Hynix some unbranded etc etc... Is this a problem we may face with these cards.
Unless You have the new reference board which is not release till late August. The ATI 4000 series at the moment are alike so you can flash a Visiontek Bios to Asus and so from Asus to Visiontek.

I have flash several brand like HIS, ASUS, SAPPHIRE and there were no conflict that i know of.

So no there will be no conflict of any sort unless you have the newly made version will is not available yet

· Registered
3,404 Posts
Will these bios's work on any 4850 card then due to the increased voltage? I might be interested in trying one out

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam144 View Post
Will these bios's work on any 4850 card then due to the increased voltage? I might be interested in trying one out

Dude! i have put the bios in order right? first 2 are for 4850 and last 2 is for 4870.

All 4 bios has been test and work perfectly for any ati4000 out there!!

· Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Just noticed the link name is leonarderman so the 4850 BIOSs is from a Sapphire 4850, and from what I have read its still touchy on how it will effect other cards, even Sapphire's are not taking it.

As I am reading it's still not clear cut on BIOS's flashing unlike the 9800Pro to XT flash... I will read more and maybe flash soon but for now reward is less than risk.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugeDink View Post
Hey man, these Bioses don't work... at all.

Winflash doesn't even recognize it as a BIOS file, and I've tried re-saving it through RBE as a .rom too.

I even have a Sapphire 4850 and everything.
I say clearly flash with DOS man!!. Use a USBboot just like how you flash your Mainboard Bios

Use ATI Flash 3.60
Download here

After You download copy all the component of ATI win flash 3.6 and the VGA bios .BIN file in to USB boot

In Dos use this command "atiflash -f -p 0 hd4850.bin"

· Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Another good flash tool is FLashRd Ver 3.0

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Another good flash tool is FLashRd Ver 3.0
I have add the instruction on how to flash in DOS. It is very simple just like how you flash your Main Board BIOS. Just with a different command line.

ATIwinflash know to have problem with the new DDR5 VGA type. and ATI4000 in general.

Please go to first post to have a look.

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Quote:

@SLINGKEY: Im sure that if you flash you bios to the Hard OC version I am sure you will be able to go up to 845/1100. 100% man!!
well sure i can get to 845/1100 but i dont think it will be stable. Unless you have changed the vcore on the 4870 bios.

Ive heard of people that cant even get 790/1000 stable on their 4870's

· Banned
744 Posts
Quote:

I say clearly flash with DOS man!!. Use a USBboot just like how you flash your Mainboard Bios

Use ATI Flash 3.60
Download here

After You download copy all the component of ATI win flash 3.6 and the VGA bios .BIN file in to USB boot

In Dos use this command "atiflash -f -p 0 hd4850.bin"
I don't have a flash drive, so I cant do it in DOS, but it doesn't matter anyway, a bios file is a bios file, and it should work either way shouldn't it?

1 - 20 of 353 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.