Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is win7 a stable gaming platform? I wanna experiance 64-bit gaming along with DX10.

Thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Been working fine for me so far although I don't have a 4890

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Yes i love W7 for gaming.No problems here and ive been using W7 since frist day of release.I havent found any games so far that wont run in W7 64bit.I have steam installed and every game ive trie works great.Im even using custom maps in L4D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post
Is win7 a stable gaming platform? I wanna experiance 64-bit gaming along with DX10.

Thanks.
Both 64-bit and DX10 make very little difference. Windows 7, however, functions perfectly fine as a gaming platform.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
its a great platform to game on just make sure you have drivers for everything, one of the updates caused me to start having driver problems with my on board nic, but before that it was a dream

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,923 Posts
I have a friend who has 7 x64 build 7100 and a 4890, and he isn't having any issues at all. He's in love with it!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm running Windows 7 RTM x64 and I have yet to come across a game that won't work beautifully. Mass Effect, STALKER, STALKER: Clear Sky and Gears of War wouldn't work for me in Vista x64, but run flawlessly in 7 x64.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by krameriffic View Post
Both 64-bit and DX10 make very little difference. Windows 7, however, functions perfectly fine as a gaming platform.
64 bit can make a large difference if you have more than three gigs of ram - it would be limiting your total memory - so say he had six gigs, he'd notice a big jump in performance with a 64 bit operating system over a 32 bit.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, its clear that win7 is the way to go. Thank you. Hey, one more question, when you complete all the alternate endings, is that it? cant you free roam afterwards?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah, indeed, Win7 is not as linear as some of those previous versions; and you can roam as much as you want after you've finished the main quest.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
Yeah, indeed, Win7 is not as linear as some of those previous versions; and you can roam as much as you want after you've finished the main quest.

how? i just did the main quest, then you get the story of how how u died or how you let that girl imput the code, then it takes me to the credits then main menu. i can then either go on new game or load game. thats it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts