Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there...I am new to the forum and I have been having a BSOD error that says "page fault in non page area" for the past 3 months ever since I built my computer. My build is:

CPU: Phenom II 940 OC 3.7GHz

MB: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P

Ram: 8 gbs OCZ Gold 1066Mhz

PS: Cooler Master Ultimate 900W

GPU: 2 XFX 4890 Crossfired (CCC 9.6) not OC'ed

Case: Antec 900-2 with addition side fan installed

This problem started ever since I built this computer. The BSOD only occurs when i'm playing video games. It happens more often when I play MMO games. I play for about 1/2 hour and this screen occurs. I monitor my temperature all the time and my GPU never gets past 60C when my fan speed is at 45%. My CPU temp is fine also ranging 50-55C when playing games. I have already swtiched Rams already from the Kingston HyperX DDR 2 1066Mhz rams (8 gigs also 4 2 gigs) to the new OCZ ones. So I am assuming that its not the RAMs. I have tried just disabling CF and play games and the BSOD still comes back. I have just played with 1 4980 for both GPU to see if one is not working properly, and that wasn't the problem. I have swapped GPU and played it just as 1 GPU. I have reformated my computer and put nothing but essential programs in and just install the latest XFX 4980 Windows 64bit 9.6 drivers. So far nothing what i'm throwing at it to try to fix it seems to work. The wierd thing is that after i switched rams out i was able to play past an hour and the same BSOD error occurs. The games I have trouble is with World of KungFu and Aion beta. I have played Crisis series fine with no problems maxed out with my cards. I have played Demigod no problem also. The problem occurs mainly on MMO's, but I am not confident in whether or not it occurs on other games also. I am all out of ideas what might be wrong and would cause that BSOD.I don't know what else to do and I am not sure if its vista 64 that is the issue or a my driver that is messing things up. Or maybe I put my GPU or Crossfiring wrong or out of order. Is there a certain way I am suppose to install my drivers? The way I install it is to uninstall everything and look for every ATI things in my system and clear it all and then reboot and press F8 until i can pick to disable force driver something and then i install the drivers in. Also I have used many different drivers and all comes up with the same BSOD error. I have tired 8.11, 9.3, 9.4,9.5,9.6. This BSOD is really giving me a headache and its been prolly over 3 months. Can someone please help solve this problem? and I am wondering if anyone else out there is experiencing the same problem as I am. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
That BSoD usually rears its ugly head when your overclock is unstable.

Therefore, what steps have you taken to see how stable your overclock is?

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
64 bit is gennerally harder to overclock on. I see you use 8G of Ram. Pull 2 sticks out and you may have an easier time. Also try more voltage. 55 deg full load and you will be OK. Just play with voltages, mem frequencies and timings. Run Memtest86 to ensure your mem frequencies aren't the problem. If you do not multi task a lot or use really intense applications, you may want to stay with 4G ram. Overkill in most peoples eyes unless you need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts