Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 1155 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making this because I know there are a lot of people, including myself, that are desperately trying to find a 5850, 5870, or 5970. There are tons of threads filling up the forums, so lets try to keep it all in this thread. These are going to be hard to find until early 2010 it seems.

Basically if you find some that are in stock, post the link here so others can have a chance at getting them.

·
Here longer than mods lol
3,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spooooon!!! View Post

So true.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I contacted Newegg and they couldn't even give me an ETA on when they would get the XFX cards, or the next batch of ANY brand.

It's gonna be a lonnnnnnnng wait unless you buy one for $800 off ebay. :|

·
Registered
15 Posts
I gave up.. instead I found a Sapphire 5770 at a decent price.. that'll hold me over until next year when the 58 and 59 series are more widely available - and likely cheaper..

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
You post them here they will be gone before you get a chance

Ever notice when you post something like that there are more guest looking at the thread than members, LOL

There was XFX5870's at egg yesterday for an hour, guess I should of bought a few and re-sold them here...For what I paid and $5-$10

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,351 Posts
Working in close contact with alternate.de for an ETA but they can't give me one. No 58XX in BENELUX

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,541 Posts
fleabay has a couple of 5870's which are at a reasonable price, otherwise i think its a wait and try to be the fastest when in stock game

heck i may even put mine on ebay later on, just to make some extra bucks

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
The title of this thread is hilarious, but perhaps needed to be created. Just for the fact of the multiple threads being created just to say "a card is in stock".

·
Registered
530 Posts
utter faHgg0try on ATI's part. like we all have nothing better to do than sit for days F5ing 40 websites just to give them $4-600....for the love of cvnt

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post
The title of this thread is hilarious, but perhaps needed to be created. Just for the fact of the multiple threads being created just to say "a card is in stock".
Why is it hilarious? Because of *OFFICIAL?*

We had issues a year ago where people would make "OFFICIAL" threads without mod approval and they ended up making a rule where you can't do it anymore without mod approval, and since i'm no longer a mod I added the "?".

Was hoping a mod would change it and post in here for "permission".

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post
Why is it hilarious? Because of *OFFICIAL?*

We had issues a year ago where people would make "OFFICIAL" threads without mod approval and they ended up making a rule where you can't do it anymore without mod approval, and since i'm no longer a mod I added the "?".

Was hoping a mod would change it and post in here for "permission".
No, not at all. I have no problem with you calling it official or not, that is your choice. I was just commenting on the situation we all are in. Everyone looking for the 5000 series and the shear need for the thread and it's name.

On your mod'ship, once a mod always a mod in my book but again, I'm not one of those that gets all upset when a user names a thread official. I never saw the big deal. No harm bro, thanks for the thread and I'll post all the "in stock" cards I come across for you guys.

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,541 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zootielolo View Post
Anyways, I think i'll be the first to actually post a link to stock, this is new as of about 15 minutes ago (as far as i know) I now have orders for 5 cards, waiting for one to ******* ship.

http://www.provantage.com/sapphire-technology-100280ocsr~7SAPP03H.htm
special order means not in stock basicly.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman1985 View Post
special order means not in stock basicly.
Yes given this card came out but a day ago it also means 'preorder' for a company like provantage. This particular card is a drop ship from sapphire, but given it is new it may still be worth queing up.

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,351 Posts
Mate, I am waiting for more than 2 weeks to get two 5870s replaced!!!! Nobody has them ... I am trying to avoid buing 3 5770 or one 5970.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post
Mate, I am waiting for more than 2 weeks to get two 5870s replaced!!!! Nobody has them ... I am trying to avoid buing 3 5770 or one 5970.

Lmao. You don't need to "try" to avoid buying one, it will avoid you pretty well on it's own.

1 - 20 of 1155 Posts