Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Networking Nerd
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been searching all through out the web to try and find the length of these cards for fitment reasons. I'm mainly looking at 5770 5830 and 5850. Don't try to tell me which one is better or which one to get etc. I already know about specs. Out of those three cards I was only able to find size dimensions on a specific 5850 on new egg and it claimed to be 12.7" long I then found a video online where a guy measured his 5850 and said it was 9.5' long. I know each manufacturer will have a different card but I didn't think it would vary in size by that much. Other than that it has been a shot in the dark trying to figure out the dimensions of these cards. If you found any reasources where I can find the dimensions share the wealth. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,085 Posts
I just measured mine for you and its 10.25 " with my aftermarket cooler, or 10 inches without it

EDIT: Sorry i measured with the bracket, but the card itself is 9.75 Inches (9.5)

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,568 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: thx1138

·
Registered
143 Posts
my 5850, with the ati reference design is 24 cm long. but you should know that the 2 power supply cables go at the back of the card, which means that the overall length is bigger...

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
5850, in an antec 1200, just fits... But it would accommodate more if I had removed the HDD cage.
No go, I need my 8 HDDs LOL.
Oh 1 more thing, on a P5Q, the IDE cable is right underneath where the end of the 5850 ends, another tight fit.
I put it all in and xed ma fingers, it fired up and I have left it all alone.
Too scared to touch it again ROTFL..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.