Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have 3 ati 5770 cards in crossfire an when im gaming they gets crazy hot and restarts my pc. i read a lot about turning the fan up but what would be a good percentage to set it at.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try checking if your thermal paste isn't dusty looking on the GPU. I've had something similar like that happen to me once before.

Be sure to check your ambient temperature and improve cable management if you haven't already.

Another thing to note is that you should buy memory heatsinks on for your Video card.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Just use Afterburner to monitor your temps and change the fan speed.

Turn them up high enough that the cards don't go above 80*C while under load.

If it's quiet to you or you don't mind the noise, then go as high fan speed as you can.

• Rep+
Reactions: Linuxwillrise

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post
Just use Afterburner to monitor your temps and change the fan speed.

Turn them up high enough that the cards don't go above 80*C while under load.

If it's quiet to you or you don't mind the noise, then go as high fan speed as you can.
will Afterburner keep the fan speeds on all three cards when goes into crossfire?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
If your chassis allows for a side panel fan, for gods sake, get one. Put fans pointing at them from the front and/or from the side.

Turn the fan speeds way up, the cards are probably stacked so close that the fan doesn't get good ventilation.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
If your chassis allows for a side panel fan, for gods sake, get one. Put fans pointing at them from the front and/or from the side.

Turn the fan speeds way up, the cards are probably stacked so close that the fan doesn't get good ventilation.
it does but i tried do to my cpu fan it will not fit but thank you all for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts