Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been having some problems with trying to get my x800 overclocked. I used powerstrip and raised the frequencies to a level i found from a review page for my card and then these horrible green lines appeared throughout my screen. I restarted and tried a lower frequency and it seems the green lines appear no matter what if i just edit something with powerstrip. Now i can't even open ATi Catalyst Control Center and use their built in oc'r
p.s. i know what some of you are thinking, but even tho its the x800 i want to oc to pick up for the slowness of my other parts...
thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by linkinpark342
Hello,
I've been having some problems with trying to get my x800 overclocked. I used powerstrip and raised the frequencies to a level i found from a review page for my card and then these horrible green lines appeared throughout my screen. I restarted and tried a lower frequency and it seems the green lines appear no matter what if i just edit something with powerstrip. Now i can't even open ATi Catalyst Control Center and use their built in oc'r
p.s. i know what some of you are thinking, but even tho its the x800 i want to oc to pick up for the slowness of my other parts...
thanks.
You may have to uninstall the ATI drivers and catalyst and then reinstall them back. It sounds like somehow the drivers got corrupted. Try that and see if the green lines are still there without overclocking it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My display drivers work fine as long as i never open powerstrip, something in that is initializing the problem... where would i find these omega drivers?

<edit>Well i feel stupid... solution b) uninstall powerstrip... end of solution. but i would still like to try those omega drivers, where could i find them?

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by linkinpark342
My display drivers work fine as long as i never open powerstrip, something in that is initializing the problem... where would i find these omega drivers?

<edit>Well i feel stupid... solution b) uninstall powerstrip... end of solution. but i would still like to try those omega drivers, where could i find them?
I use the omegas and love them

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<edit> such a stupid comment, i wish there was a delete button. well i've finally figured everything out, thank you all for your help :shades2: :shades2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor
so you are going to get the Omega drivers
Already got em and working like a dream, just wish the OC'er didn't have such strange numbers as 519.75 Clock Speed...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts