Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a strange issue. In CCC under Digital Panel tree there is Avivo Color options and there is also a option there called Use EDID which you can check/uncheck the box next to it.

Problem is when I used to check that box to select the option Use EDID, my displays colors were getting warmer and more live than when this option is unchecked. When unchecked colors were cooler and more dull. Default was unchecked in CCC.

But right now it is totally reversed. I mean when I uncheck the Use EDID box it gives me the settings that it used to give when checked and when I check the box to enable this option it gives me the color settings that it used to give with this option unchecked.

I've tried uninstalling reinstalling the drivers but it did not work. Anyone have any idea why such thing happens and any way to solve it ?

Also if someone with T240 could give me a feedback about his/her own experiences when select and unselect this Use Extended Display Identification Data option in CCC I'd be much happier.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 View Post
Try uninstalling it then using Driver Cleaner Pro then install again or just adjust the settings on your monitor.
I've already tried that with Driver Sweeper and it doesn't work. If you read carefully what my problem is, it really has got nothing to do with adjusting the settings on my monitor...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey , could anyone out there with a T240 please give it a try and let me know what the result is ?

In CCC under Digital Panel menu tree there is avivo color branch and under avivo color there is an option called Use EDID and there is a box near to it. Could anyone with T240 specially using it with an ATI card could give it a try by checking/unchecking the box and let me know how both options affects the colors on your display ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have EXACTLY THE SAME problem with you with my newly bought T260. It's really bug me since it's used to work perfectly well with my old T220.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you both absolutely sure this is the case? For me it has always been cooler colours with EDID ticked on (I have a T260 and a ATI 4890 for about 7 months now). I have cooler colours with EDID on, but also transitions in photo's seem to be more smooth/precise when this is on. I reinstalled Windows (Vista) last week, and initially used the old driver (8.592.3) that came with the card and with the old driver it was exactly the same, cooler colours with EDID on, as is the case (for me, anyway) with the latest drivers before I downloaded the latest drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts