Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATI and Crytek have released a non-interactive tech-demo (local mirror ~ 161MB), showcasing the new version of the Cryengine, used to develop Far Cry. All video scenes were made in real time.

The ATI-Crytek demo uses same next-generation CryENGINE that will be used to create the successor to Far Cry. Since the CryENGINE enables immediate playability of a created game without the lengthy wait for compiling, enthusiasts into creating "mods" will have an easy way to make new gaming content for themselves. The ATI/Crytek demo shows just how easy it can be, especially since it is optimized to run on ATI's RADEON X800 XT series and the new RADEON PCI Express graphics boards. Download the demo and see for yourself how photo-realistic "machinima" cinematic computing will change your future gaming experience!

get it at http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=921

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

ATI and Crytek have released a non-interactive tech-demo (local mirror ~ 161MB), showcasing the new version of the Cryengine, used to develop Far Cry. All video scenes were made in real time.

The ATI-Crytek demo uses same next-generation CryENGINE that will be used to create the successor to Far Cry. Since the CryENGINE enables immediate playability of a created game without the lengthy wait for compiling, enthusiasts into creating "mods" will have an easy way to make new gaming content for themselves. The ATI/Crytek demo shows just how easy it can be, especially since it is optimized to run on ATI's RADEON X800 XT series and the new RADEON PCI Express graphics boards. Download the demo and see for yourself how photo-realistic "machinima" cinematic computing will change your future gaming experience!

get it at http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=921
When I hit I agree, it says file no found on both mirrors.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow , i ran that thing last night. 4x anti, 1280, and still ran pretty sweet. not to mention runninriot, damn right, that thing has the lighting and character models of doom3, but not all the darkness. Looks damn sweet. Though 2 parts were messed, the water looked bland and colorless, and the new hazey/rubbed out effect was miscalculated in places to ppl would be covered in a fog while their shadows were gorgeous. Kinda weird. But still sexay.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sane

I downloaded it and installed it and all but when it came to run it, it just took too long.

It was nice as heck. I had to run i @ 1024x786 2xAA.. @ 4x the sound would bug everyonce in awhile... Maybe when I get my other 512MB stick this problem will be solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts