Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have an ATI graphics card as well as a nVidia physx card in the same rig?

ATI as primary graphics because they give in my opinion a better bang for the buck and am not sure if ATI cards can do physx or not. If they can they I wouldnt be asking this question.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Yes you can there are many threads about this already. However, you need Windows 7 to be able to do it and running both NVIDIA and ATI drivers on the same machine can cause issues with some games.

http://www.overclock.net/ati/591872-...ows-7-ati.html

You'll most likely need to create a 'fake' monitor for the NVIDIA gpu via the Screen Resolution panel in windows. Otherwise you wont be able to access the NVIDIA control panel.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I am new here thanks for the links though

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Its cool, just hit google before you hit create thread please. I've had it setup like this once, it gets annoying to keep up with the glitching so eventually I pulled it out but for Windowed games like WoW it did some funky things for my FPS for the better XD it was cool for a experiment. I got a $16 9600GT 256mb off Newegg on a shellshocker so I was like FUN TIME! And I set it up
I dont think the memory on the secondary card gets used at all tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts