Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 686 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELCOME TO THE ATI HD 4770 OWNERS CLUB/THREAD!

A place for all those 4770 owners. Feel free to post anything on here about the 4770. Need any help just ask and we're open to friendly suggestions.

Post a Screenshot of your GPU-Z Validation and i'll add you to the members list.

I'll be updating this thread more and more as it gets more members.

UPDATE:
I Believe I have the current member list fully updated from the ownership change. If you are not in the list pm me and I will add you. From here out just post your gpu-z ss and you will be added to the club.

UPDATE 2:
I officially do not own any 4770's anymore. I would be glad to keep updating the club unless someone has a problem with that since I am not technically a owner anymore.

If you're 4770 doesn't work with Rivatuner try this little fix courtesy of CallmeRoth.

Rivatuner Fix: Find in your Rivatuner directory the file called "rivatuner.cfg" Open it with notepad and browse to the section called "[GPU_1002]" Scroll down to RV770 you should then see " =9440h-9443h,944Ch ". Add ",94B3h" to that line. It should then look as follows:

RV770= 9440h-9443h,944Ch,94B3h

That is all, RivaTuner should now recognise your HD4770 and allow the overclock options.

Useful Links:

Catalyst Control Center (should really use this driver)
MSI Afterburner (try volt modding with this before flashing to asus top bios)
Asus Top Bios
Guide to Overclocking and Changing voltage without flashing to asus top bios using MSI Afterburner
ASUS Drivers & Utilities
PowerColor Vista 64-bit Drivers
PowerColor Vista 32-bit Drivers
PowerColor WinXP 64-bit Drivers
PowerColor WinXP 32-bit Drivers
Gigabyte Drivers
MSI Vista Drivers
MSI WinXP Drivers
Diamond Multimedia Vista 32-bit & 64-bit Drivers
Diamond Multimedia WinXP Drivers
4770 TrifireX works well

Members:

Ninjacool
Beezer
Mikeml
CallmeRoth
Multiverse
Mcogan10
Shadowk
Wuttz
Rattlerskin
Chickeneaterguy
Jawwwwsh
Cgabry
Ckybam3
sc00terx
ChrisB17
BrianMB
Xtrem
JoeDevPR
elito
ashtyler
maxigg
pal
FSF-Foxhound
hans2k
SonDa5
AlexCuria
Imglidinhere
takealready
cresuso
jadedgamerx
buzz44
ki55eLL
Gill..
qnyine
Ghostcracker
remorseless
Ross211
cyanmcleod
Marsicano
lnewey6
Pagode
dlee7283
gfk
UltimateGamerXFX
TaHeR
hellspawnpr
TheSandman
remorseless
holiver
lolwot10
Willhemmens
gladiator7070
hermitmaster
j.col
Willhemmens
googleborg
Behemoth777
siyete
Antonis3d
Aardwolf
myonlyaccount
luckypunk
Christian27

Sig:

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.overclock.net/ati/505083-ati-hd-4770-owners-club-thread.html"][B]ATI HD 4770 Owners Club/Thread [/B][/URL][/CENTER]
[/CODE]

I am going back and editing the OP for all the people that are missing from the club. We need to get this club more active. I am thinking of making a google spreadsheet for peoples stable clocks if we have enough people interested. - ckybam3

·
Junglist
7,233 Posts
Hmm, saw them for around £85 on OCUK. May pick one up for the parents rig at some stage!

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
i'll be joining soon. let me just finish benching my current card

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm surprised i could swear there were more 4770 users out there!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I just read a review on these about 5 minutes ago. I didnt know these cards were such great cards for the money! Id love to see some benchmarks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got one but haven't done much in the way of overclocking yet. Still debating about flashing the bios to the asus one and overclocking with the volt mod.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidshenlong View Post
I'm surprised i could swear there were more 4770 users out there!
yeah. it's wierd. maybe they're not that active. but just give it at least a week

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
when is xfx gonna release the 4770 with the 4870 looking cooler?

·
Registered
828 Posts
You mean the non reference design cooler? Should be coming soon. Few websites ares saying mid May I was waiting for it but i gave in and just bought it. The coolers really don't look that that bad.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have had an HIS 4770 for a few days and it runs fine. But support for the card was a bit difficult to find at first though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Haven't bought it yet but I'm looking into it. Cooler design doesn't bother me "too" much but reviews and cooling results could make me change my mind.
btw. I'm waiting to see if any 1GB versions come out. Would it be advisable or is not so important? I only plan to play at resolutions of 1440x900 in 19" monitor.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by denrocks2
View Post

How do these stack up to the 96 shader 9600gso/8800gs for price/performance? I got my 8800gs for $75 and 9600 gso for $45.

for $25 more you'll get about 2x or more the performance of a 8800gs

1 - 20 of 686 Posts