Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got my HDTV remote wonder card and got it all set up today but when I try to change channels with the remote I get an error message that my TV guide is old and needs to be updated... however I cannot figure out how to get it to update. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
That is esxactly what happened when I installed my AIW 9600 RegTV tuner, viddy capture card and tried to use the remote.

I couldn't figure it at first--but buried in the interface or MCC (MediaControlCenter)is a utility that will help you update the Guide plus or whatever it is called fro your version. You can also click on the Guide when it appears and it will ask you if you want to update. Thius has to be with the Mouse and Keyboard mind you--the Remote won't get that update going...

I would highly reccomend you get the latest drivers from the ATI website for your Remote Wonder, MMC, Hydravision, etc. as the ones on the installation CD are pitifully out of date usually and will oftentimes cause miscellaneous errors...

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm... I looked around for a while last night trying to figure it out, but I'll look again.

Yeah, I didn't even use the install CD that came with it... I just downloaded all the drivers from the ATI website (there were 5) and installed them in the order you downloaded them in. There was one of them that required I put the CD in just for verification purposes, but I believe that's it. I suppose it is possible that I missed something. I'll take another look today.

Can you tell me exactly how to get to that option to update?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts