Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have old notebook - NTT Corrino 969 W (something like Compal FL90) and I want to replace broken graphic card with ATI mobility HD4650 1GB DDR3.

If I understand correctly my old card do not have bios on it, main BIOS (on mainboard) have it within it. So is there any way I can modify main bios and add ATI HD4650 mobility 1GB DDR3 support to it? Is this doable with a new card inside, so I can put it in and it will display 'basic' graphic so I can update the BIOS?

If no, I guess I need to solder a bios chip (8 pin SPI) to the graphic card. Where can I download original BIOS (for ATI mobility HD4650 1GB DDR3) to program the chip? Can someody post it here or link it? Thanks.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,295 Posts
I highly HIGHLY doubt your chances for hand-soldering a chip like this onto the circuit silicon. To the degree that you likely will kill the rest of the motherboard first AND it'd cost more to do this than just get a newer laptop with a better GPU.

If it's not an MXM PCI-Express slot GPU, then there's nothing you can do here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for an answer - and warning. "If it's not an MXM PCI-Express slot GPU, then there's nothing you can do here."

It's MXM-2. I know everythink I should know now. There are two option - first is modiffy the mainboard bios, second is to solder a chip (SPI - 8-SOIC) with few resistors to the graphic card. Thanks goes for valuxin, .NetRolller 3D and ergoon form notebookreview.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts