Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have an ATI mobility radeon HD 3470. I am not able to modify it with mobility modder. Earlier I used to download from strags.com and install it. It was working fine. Now strags.com stopped posting drivers. Please help me in installing the latest drivers. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still not working. In the wizard, it shows driver is already installed up to date. Any other workaround ?

·
Mining the DB
2,333 Posts
What OS are you running? if its windows 7, id say go and use drivesweeper and then install the latest driver you want. Windows 7 allows the official drivers to be installed on laptops that normally require the manufacturers version. I love windows 7

·
Registered
350 Posts
The issue here is that some laptop OEMs restrict the ability for the user to update drivers unless they're official releases from the OEM. I have an IBM ThinkPad from '04 that didn't have any IBM driver releases from 2006/7-ish onward. If you try to download the CCC Mobility drivers from ATI's website you'll get a message saying that things are up to date - CCC checks to see if your laptop's OEM is on a restricted list that requested ATI to not offer support for their device.

I've only used Mobility Modder once in the past and it's looking like it hasn't been updated since May 2009. Here's the guide I used: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php

I've never heard of strags.com, I'm guessing the guy used the modder to get a working OEM-restriction-free driver package and uploaded everything to his own site. I can see why ATI wouldn't want people to have easy access to those drivers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your replies. I have Windows 7 64-bit. I tried cleaning and installing the modded driver. Still it is not happening. In the wizard I am not able to see the driver getting installed. Rest of the stuff like Control Center, Catalyst Install manager, Avivo, VCRedist, etc. is getting installed. Please help me. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts