Overclock.net banner

Your favorite ATI and Nvidia AIB partner(cast 2 votes; 1 ATI + 1 Nvidia)

• [ATI]Asus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [ATI]Diamond

• [ATI]Gecube

• [ATI]Gigabyte

• [ATI]HIS

• [ATI]Palit

• [ATI]PoweColor

• [ATI]VisionTek

• [Nvidia]Asus

• [Nvidia]Biostar

• [Nvidia]Chaintech

• [Nvidia]ECS

• [Nvidia]Foxconn

• [Nvidia]Galaxy

• [Nvidia]Gigabyte

• [Nvidia]Jaton

• [Nvidia]KFA2

• [Nvidia]Leadtek

• [Nvidia]PNY

• [Nvidia]Sparkle

• [Nvidia]XFX

• [Nvidia]Zogis

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warranty Policies:

ATI

Asus - 3 years limited; applicable to all cards purchased after 1/1/01 and based upon the printed serial number(IE manufactured date) [Read more][Australia+NZ]
Diamond - All Graphics Cards purchased on or after May 1st, 2011 and registered within 30 days from the original date of purchase will have a 5 year Limited Warranty. All GPUs not registered within 30 days from the original date of purchase will only qualify for the original 1 year warranty. Previous GPUs purchased after June 1st, 2009 and before May 1st, 2011 and registered within the first 30 days of purchase will still have a TWO (2) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY. [Read more]
Gecube - 2 year limited; starting the date of purchase; void if cooler is altered or removed [Read more]
Gigabyte - 3 years limited based upon manufacturing date.[Read more]
HIS - 2 year limited, void if cooler is altered or removed [Read more]
MSI - If manufactured on or after Jan. 1 2010, 3 years limited based upon manufacturing date. If manufactured prior to Jan. 1 2010, 2 years(parts and labor) + 1 year(3rd year parts only) limited based upon manufacturing date.[Read more]
Palit - 2 years limited; starting the date of purchase. [Read more]
Powercolor - 2 years limited; To submit an RMA request the user can sign up for the PowerColor User Club and register the card or click the RMA page link provided and the RMA process can be done VIA email. [DailyTech][RMA page][Wiki]
Sapphire - 2 year limited; starting the date of purchase; void if cooler is altered or removed. "All enquires carried out through your initial place of purchase." [Read more]
Visiontek - Limited lifetime, does not cover any kind of damage incurred by alterations of any sort. On the plus side there is no registration required, AFAIK. Products must now be registered within 30 days of purchase. [Read more]
XFX - 1 year warranty; registration within 30 days of purchase will result in double limited lifetime warranty; XFX allows for Aftermarket coolers and OCing so long as the customer can restore the product to it's original
condition [Read more][XS XFX support]

NVIDIA[]

Asus - 3 years; applicable to all cards purchased after 1/1/01 and based upon the printed serial number(IE manufactured date). [Read more][Australia+NZ]
Biostar - 1 year warranty from the date of purchase. [Read more]
BFG - limited lifetime or 10 year warranty when registered within 30 days of purchase. Unregistered cards carry a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase in Europe and a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase in the US and other countries. [Read more][BFG Bails on Its Customers, Refuses Warranty Repairs]
Chaintech - 13 months and based upon the printed serial number(IE manufactured date). [Read more *PDF*]
ECS - 2 years(parts and labor) + 1 year(3rd year parts only); effective from "the date of ECS's original invoice"(I take that to mean when ECS sold it to a r-etail distributor/outlet). [Read more]
EVGA - *updated 3/21/12* the old 1, 2 + 3 year policies only apply to cards purchased before 7/1/11 as per EVGAs new warranty all cards purchased on or after 7/1/11 now have a minimum 3 year warranty with registration being optional! 1 year warranty; registration within 30 days of purchase will result in 1 year(-B1, -BR, -BX, -DR), 2 years(-LA, -LE, -LR, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX), 3 years(-K1, -K2, -KR), 5 years(-GR), or limited lifetime(-A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX) warranty depending on product # last 2 digits; Evga allows for Aftermarket coolers and OCing so long as the customer can restore the product to it's original condition [Read more][Duckie's Post]
Foxconn - 2 year limited warranty effective 4/1/2009; 3 year limited warranty effective for GPUs purchased prior to 4/1/2009. Both warranty periods based upon the date of purchase.[Read more]
Galaxy - 2 year limited warranty, as of 8/1/11 the warranty will be extended to 3 years if registered withing 30 days. Any modification or overclocking voids the warranty. [Read more]
Gigabyte - 3 years limited based upon manufacturing date.[Read more]
Jaton - 2 years limited based upon manufacturing date, must register within 60 days otherwise it's 1 year only.[Read more]
KFA2 - 2 year limited, must be registered within 30 days of purchase(1 year otherwise). [Read more]
Leadtek - 3 year limited warranty starting the date of purchase for US. 2 year limited warranty starting the date of purchase for EU. [Read more]
MSI - 2 years(parts and labor) + 1 year(3rd year parts only) based upon manufacturing date.[Read more]
Palit - 2 years limited; starting the date of purchase. [Read more]
PNY - 3 years + 2 more years upon registration starting the date of purchase. [Read more]
Sparkle - Limited 3 year warranty effect starts from the date of invoice and will cover the repair or replacement of the product(s) only. Damage caused by the end user or even environment voids the warranty. [Read more]
XFX - 1 year warranty; registration within 30 days of purchase will result in double limited lifetime warranty for all 6 series cards and up; XFX allows for Aftermarket coolers and OCing so long as the customer can restore the product to it's original condition [Read more][XS XFX support]
Zogis - ? 1 year ? - I'm going to send Zogis an email since I can't find any info on their website... Also worth noting, they are a subsidiary of JV logic(as is PowerColor). [Read more]
Zotac - *new policy as of 1/1/2011* 2 years standard warranty, with registration upgraded to limited lifetime[Enthusiast-Performance Graphics Cards (590, 580, 570, 560, 480, 470, 465, 460 AMP!, & H-version products: 210, 220, 240, 250, 460, 450)] or 3 years[Mainstream & Value Graphics Cards (550, 520, 460, 450, 440, 430, 250, 240, 210, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, series)P!, & H-version products: 210, 220, 240, 250, 460, 450)]; registration must be completed within 30 days of purchase! [Read more]

Special Promotions and/or Programs:

BFG - 100 day step up program [read more][RIP - BFG]
EVGA - 90 day step up program [read more]

*Notes*

-Most manufacturers that offer more than 1 year warranty require registration to "upgrade" the warranty period and thus receive extended coverage. Always read the fine print!

-It seems the manufactures that warranty their cards for only 1 year, honor the warranty based upon date of purchase.

-If I missed any manufacturers, any of the warranties listed are wrong, I missed a special promo/program, or you prefer more detailed descriptions just PM me or post in this thread and I'll fix it...

EVGA Warranty Policy Update

Introducing the New and Improved EVGA Global Warranty

EVGA stands firmly behind its entire product line. Products purchased on or after July 1st, 2011* will have a minimum of a 3 year warranty, registration is optional. The warranty will no longer be non-transferable, and new bonuses will be available for those that do register within 30 days of purchase!

• Product warranty covers the product, not the user.
  • Registration is no longer required for RMAs.
  • Step-Up and Extended Warranty will be available for all original owners registered with the new global RMA system within 30 days of purchase.
  • If you move, you can send your product back to your local warranty center no matter what region you purchased it in.
  • A new Standard Cross-Shipping RMA service is free**.

* Recertified and 1 Year Warranty products are not included.

** A credit card will be required for this service to hold in place until EVGA gets the defective card back.

Stay tuned for more details coming April 2nd, 2012!!!

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaeric19
View Post

Nice list, I like the links you included with manufacturers with additional info, well done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gexx
View Post

+ Uno, very useful thanks.

Glad you guys find it useful.

When I get a chance later today I'm going to work on an update... Will probably add links to manufacturers support forums and more detailed warranty analysis(IE parts/labor/cooler replacement/v-mods/ect).

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
For clarification on EVGA's warranty:

All products receive one year warranty.

On products ending A1, A3, AR, AX, BR, BX, DR, DX, FR, FX, SG, SL, or S2, products receive a limited lifetime warranty upon registration within 30 days of purchase.

On all other products, products receive an additional 1 year warranty upon registration within 30 days of purchase. (These products tend to be entry level or stripped down versions.)

Also, EVGA allows for aftermarket cooling and overclocking as long as customer can restore the product to original condition in case of RMA.

MasterKromm, you may want to clarify the warranty periods. Some manufacturers start the warranty period on purchase date while some begin on manufacturing date.

• Rep+
Reactions: MasterKromm

·
Premium Member
25,203 Posts
2 Years for GeCube

Quote:

Dear John

Thank you for choosing GeCube.

You don’t need to do any actions to activate the warranty.

GeCube is willing to provide good after service to all of its customers.

In order to provide prompt and effective service GeCube has agreements with all the local distributors to deal with the warranty issues.

No matter end-users ask for replacements or want to have their cards repaired they can contact with their vendors to get assistance first.

The local distributors have their own rules to judge providing replacements or repair service to customers.

If end-users want to have their card repaired but can’t get help from their local vendors by various reasons such as the shop has stopped the business or it’s a gift…etc then customers can contact with GeCube to get assistance. GeCube provides 2 years warranty to all of its graphic card products.

The procedure of GeCube RMA is as below.

First step:

End-users have to describe the error symptom of the card to GeCube to make sure if it’s a hardware issue and if this card is still under warranty.

Second step:

If it’s a hardware issue GeCube RMA team will provide RMA numbers to end-users.

Third step:

End-users send the card to GeCube with the RMA numbers for repair.

Please be noticed that end-users will need to pay for the transportation fee of sending the card to GeCube and GeCube will pay for the returned transportation fee.

Above information is for your reference.

Please let me know if you have question.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I've gotten the majority of ATI AIB partner warranties right, except for the following:

HIS
Palit
Powercolor

If anyone has any info regarding the above manufacturers please drop me a PM or post in this thread.

Also, if anyone has any personal experience(s) they'd like to share regarding any of the above companies feel free to post em.

-EDIT-

I still need to note which warranties do (not) cover cooler replacement or other such alterations.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Heres what VisionTek sent to me once I was approved to send in my 4870.

Quote:
When you send the defective product in, be sure to include an
explanation of the problem that you are experiencing. Failure to
include this explanation may cause delay in processing.
Be sure to clearly mark your RMA# on the outside of the box when you
send in the defective product. Keep your manual, driver CD, any cables
and other accessories. Send only the defective product, a copy of your
sales receipt, and a $10.00 check or money order (per unit) made payable
to VisionTek for return shipping and handling.

Address all returns to:

VisionTek Returns
ATTN: Service Order# 0006820
1610 Colonial Parkway
Inverness, IL 60067

Returned products that are not accompanied by the shipping and handling
fee and valid sales receipt will be returned to you at your expense.
As stated in our warranty agreement, VisionTek is not responsible for
packages that are lost in shipping. The only way for you to ensure that
your package arrives at our warehouse is by shipping the card via a
method that is traceable. FedEx/UPS/DHL work best but any carrier that
will provide you a tracking number is acceptable.

Be sure to package the product inside the original packaging or packed
inside an anti-static bag in a box with plenty of padding. The product
is susceptible to damage by impact so be sure to protect it by using
adequate packaging material. PADDED ENVELOPES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
Returns that are not packaged appropriately, per VisionTek's sole
discretion, will be returned as-is with the warranty voided.

The provisions of this warranty shall not apply if, in VisionTek's sole
judgment, the product has been subjected to incidental damage including
but not limited to the following: misuse, neglect, improper
installation, damage in an accident, repair or alteration in any way
that affects its performance or reliability. Once the defective product
has been received and processed, it will be repaired or replaced
according to VisionTek's warranty policy and shipped to the address you
have provided.

Please make sure that the return shipping address marked in the "FROM"
section of your package matches the shipping address that you submitted
for your RMA. This Service Order# is valid for 30 days from the date of
issuance.

Thanks,
VisionTek RMA Department

I just shipped it to them today via UPS ground with tracking. So I will report back about there turn around times.

Oh and for people that may have been wondering if it gets sent to a VisionTek facility, it actually gets sent to "Encore Repair Services".

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
-Updated-

-Fixed broken links.
-HIS RMA policy updated, now 2 years vice of 1.
-Found Palit's RMA policy. Instead of the previously speculated 1 year it is 2 years limited effective from the date of purchase.
-Found definitive info on Powercolor's RMA policy. It is 2 years limited and can be done through registration on their site or by email(link provided).
-Foxconn Warranty period has changed; Effective 4/1/2009 all GPUs will carry a 2 year limited warranty vice all GPUs purchased prior which carry a 3 year limited warranty. Both warranty periods are based upon the date of purchase.
-Fixed Nvidia section Gigabyte warranty info to reflect correct terms.
-Jaton's policy updated. Effective based upon manufacturing date, was not stated clearly before.
-PNY policy updated. Originally 1 year + 2 more years with registration now 3 years + 2 more with registration. Based upon date of purchase.

-EDIT-

If I missed or mixed up anything post here or drop me a PM. Thanks.

-EDIT #2 -

Also updated diamonds policy. Which now allows for an option 2 year warranty policy, granted upon registration(within 30 days).

Seems the addition of XFX has forced ATI AIBs to sweeten their warranty policies...

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
-Update-

Zotac policy:

Old = 2 years standard upgraded to lifetime with registration; registration must be completed within 14 days of purchase
New = 2 years standard upgraded to lifetime with registration; registration must be completed within 30 days of purchase

In other words, registration window has been extended by 16 days.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Great list MasterKromm thats definitely very helpful and very appreciated

I must say this lifetime warranty on my XFX card is exquisite....and to think i could sell it next week with a lifetime warranty as well

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.