Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everyone else running primegrid on their ati cards get a full core of cpu usage per gpu. Im checking out now if it affects the time iv already noticed gpu usage seems normal between 90-97% if you force all the gpus to 1 core or not. If it works right i will post the program im using and how to do it.

Locking it to 1 core does not affect the time it seems and lowers the cpu temps and lets you use more cpu cores for other stuff iv uploaded the winafc with the file to limit it to one core for those that have issues. What iv done is i put the folder of winafc in like C:\\ and i made a shortcut of WinAFC.exe and put it in startup so it will work for you even if you forget to load it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDJRSKL3

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wierd so you dont have it eating up a full core for each gpu.

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i only see 1 of your 5870s working tho does same thing on darkryders computer with a 5970 uses 1 full core for each gpu.

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very possable then cause it will eat me to death if i dont limit it. But unlike when you limit folding to one core the gpu usage does not drop.

·
Premium Member
6,451 Posts
Matt: its working sorta im powering my motheroard pump and 5970 off my old enermax 460 and the seasonc is powering my other stuff 5870 unhooked
DarkRyder: ah
DarkRyder: that sucks man, im sorry

1 - 20 of 31 Posts