Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here I am with my 2 week old rig, equipped with an ATI Radeon 5770 by Sapphire. Whenever I try plugging my pico-projector into the spare DVI-port using the DVI-VGA adapter, my main monitor goes black, and I have to do a hard-reset to get it back. My main is plugged in via HDMI, and my projector is plugged in via DVI. I'm OCing it, 940 Mhz core, 1300 Mhz Memory.
Any ideas? I've tried plugging my monitor into and trying it then, but nothing.

Thanks in advance.

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
Which drivers are you using? I used to have this card (Vapor X version)and upgraded recently to my GTX 460 and drivers were a problem before when it came to dual monitors and Xfiring.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mibgranny View Post
So, here I am with my 2 week old rig, equipped with an ATI Radeon 5770 by Sapphire. Whenever I try plugging my pico-projector into the spare DVI-port using the DVI-VGA adapter, my main monitor goes black, and I have to do a hard-reset to get it back. My main is plugged in via HDMI, and my projector is plugged in via DVI. I'm OCing it, 940 Mhz core, 1300 Mhz Memory.
Any ideas? I've tried plugging my monitor into and trying it then, but nothing.

Thanks in advance.
What sort of configuration do you have setup in CCC.... take a look.. see what the monitors are recognized as and in what config they are, identify them and try to set something up.. The projector may simply be taking over the job as the main display and you'll have to manually set them up..

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
I remember reading a lot of folks who actually rolled back to the 10.5 drivers since the 10.6 still has issues with dual monitors and xfire. Try and read through the hotfixes and see if what your experiencing is part of that list.

But I would try the hotfix and if that doesn't work try rolling back to 10.5 drivers.

Also make sure your monitors are properly set up in CCC.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mibgranny
View Post

I've tried to make sure all the displays were set up right, but it's hard to hit the "Detect Dispay" button when the screen is black... I'll try the hotfix, but otherwise, it can wait.

All that you said is your main monitor goes black.. do you get picture out of the projector? Don't ask for help without giving us all of the information it makes it extremely difficult.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Let me ask a stupid question. Are you shutting down before unplugging/plugging cables? If not that's your problem. NEVER unplug/plug your DVI cables into a live computer. Your lucky you still have a working monitor and GPU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts