Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
I'm very sure it won't change because cards made before the brand change will still be recognized and used as ATI cards. Would you want to alienate 9 generations of video cards just because the cards made after the change didn't fit the brand?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

I'm very sure it won't change because cards made before the brand change will still be recognized and used as ATI cards. Would you want to alienate 9 generations of video cards just because the cards made after the change didn't fit the brand?

Or how about something like ATI/AMD section? I wouldn't want to alienate anyone. That's not what I meant to imply. I was just asking about a possible name change to go with AMD's new naming scheme. Likely or unlikely?

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
Experienced users will have no problem regarding the name change but there are always newbies coming into this wonderful world of graphic cards. It might be confusing to those guys.

So, perhaps using ''ATI/AMD'' is helpful?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
why not "ati/amd gpus" man its not exactly rocket science lol

·
The Computer Guy
6,490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Why not Radeon....
because all ati cards are not radeon cards

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.