Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
I'm very sure it won't change because cards made before the brand change will still be recognized and used as ATI cards. Would you want to alienate 9 generations of video cards just because the cards made after the change didn't fit the brand?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

I'm very sure it won't change because cards made before the brand change will still be recognized and used as ATI cards. Would you want to alienate 9 generations of video cards just because the cards made after the change didn't fit the brand?

Or how about something like ATI/AMD section? I wouldn't want to alienate anyone. That's not what I meant to imply. I was just asking about a possible name change to go with AMD's new naming scheme. Likely or unlikely?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeap and im sure everytime will use the word ATI, and will still use ATI on their sigrig GFX card. Because we are used to it.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Therefore, OP, it should still be ATI.

Afterall, they've been recognised as ATI for many years, and to us will still remain as ATI.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
Experienced users will have no problem regarding the name change but there are always newbies coming into this wonderful world of graphic cards. It might be confusing to those guys.

So, perhaps using ''ATI/AMD'' is helpful?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
why not "ati/amd gpus" man its not exactly rocket science lol

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
or just leave it till it actually happens

·
The Computer Guy
6,488 Posts
Quote: