Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mine doesn't fail or reset the timer when they are only one or two *tiny* artifacts.

But what exactly do you mean it is not "reporting" them"? Even if mine doesn't fail and reset the timer, my ATITool will still "detect" the artifacts by saying at the bottom "delta of pixel..etc". Also ATITool can artifact pretty bad and still not fail if you have the "number of artifacts detected slider" set towards the "higher OC, less Artifacts detected" side. I always set ATITool to detect the most amount of artifacts as possible. It makes for a lower but more stable OC.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
ATI Tool isn't that great, you have to baby sit it for it to be good. In my experience, It won't report errors even when there is clearly yellow/white artifacts showing on it...even with the slider all the way to the left (detect even the slightest artifacts - lower oc)

I used it to overclock my card though, and just sat there and if I saw any kind of tiny yellow dot (run it for 10-15min each change minimum), even the slightest I turned my oc down one notch (usually 10-15mhz) and tried again from there until nothing came up that I could see myself. Then game with it / 3DMark06 / Vantage / Crysis Benchmark... etc to test to make sure it doesn't crash / noticeably artifact in game.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
ATI tool hasn't been updated in a while, IMO I wouldn't use it for any of the new cards / architectures out today.

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
it shows artifacts at times on my OC but still folds perfectly???

·
Registered
521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadSkull
View Post

ATI tool hasn't been updated in a while, IMO I wouldn't use it for any of the new cards / architectures out today.

Very true, I'm not really a big fan of it either, games are the real test to me. Although ATITool still can produce some decent heat, it does get me temps within 2-3C of what I get in Crysis. It also seems to artifact at about the same speeds I artifact at in Crysis.

But it is old and hasn't been updated, like deadskull said and it has "lied" to me once or twice before about a stable GPU OC.
oh well I guess we were lucky, as nvidia owners, to even be able to use the program.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts