Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to attempting to overclock video cards, and had a quick question. According to the stats, the X1800XT is supposed to be clocked at 625mhz core, and 1500mhz memory. When attempting to overclock, it looks like mine runs at 594mhz core, and 1300 mhz memory. Why exactly is that?

I also seem to be unable to overclock even to the levels the card is supposed to default at, let alone anything higher.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was using ATI tool. I managed to overclock the card with CCC's overdrive, but I still don't understand why the card runs stock at 600/700, when it's advertised as 625/750.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
i beleive that ati tools doesnt have the ability to read the correct information from your card. you could try ati tray tool, though i am not sure it supports the x1800 series yet either. you probably should read the fine print of the overclocking utilites to verify if thats the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That could very well be the case too. I switched back to using the Catalyst Drivers instead of omega's, but even in the CCC, my speeds are reported at 594/697.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The settings that you are seeing are your 2D clock settings, when you play a game it goes into 3D clock settings, that go up to the requested clock speeds that are in you C.C.C., A quick way to test it is to play a game in the middle of a game hit your hotkeys to bring up your C.C.C. while the game is running and you will see that the clocks go up to the posted speeds! have fun!! Slyjerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.