Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
In contrast, lower resolution gaming is losing its need for extravagant hardware, as the rest of the system is hindering further maximum frame rates. To accent this change, gaming has been shifting over time from maximum average frames to a minimum frames per second experience. Clearly the GeForce 7800 GTX 512 has the firepower to deliver, but the Radeon X1900 series takes the top step on the platform.
Source: Here

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well, you certainly would hope at least ATi's best of their new generation can beat the best of nVidia's last generation. Even so, the results seem pretty unimpressive to me for the "new card." But that site doesn't really run enough of the new games and under demanding-enough circumstances to really make a judgement on it I suppose. But the R580's 16 pixel pipelines seem a bit sluggish in comparison to the G71's 32... Oh well, have to wait for nVidia to get their chip together I guess.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Extremetech had their own X1900 benchmark here, seems about that same. When's nVidia scheduled to launch their new card?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin_tsoi2000
Extremetech had their own X1900 benchmark here, seems about that same. When's nVidia scheduled to launch their new card?
The last date I heard was at the latest by February 14th. Kinda funny how each manufacturer has pretty much swapped launches compared to the last cards.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Yeah, it's kinda funny that ATI's next-gen cards are beating the nVidia's last-gen card when nVidia's set to release their next-gen card in a couple weeks...

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
X1900 doesnt seem to be very next-gen compared to what it was like when the 7800GTX and X1800XT were compared to their little brothers.. (6800U/X850XTPE). Hopefully the 7900 gives more of a performance difference between the it and the 7800GTX.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well, if the reports of one 7900GTX scoring ~13,300 in 3DMark05 were true, it should be about twice as fast as the 7800GTX.
And oodles faster than the X1900XTX... which makes me wonder, again assuming those scores were legit, maybe ATi is still working on an X1900XT PE with more pipelines?

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
but... my point is that the 7800GTX's did run out.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by General Kido

hey guys just a quick question , does the ati 1900 work in any mobo or has 2 be a ati mobo ??

Dont see why it wouldnt work in any motherboard with a PCI-E slot

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Well, you certainly would hope at least ATi's best of their new generation can beat the best of nVidia's last generation. Even so, the results seem pretty unimpressive to me for the "new card." But that site doesn't really run enough of the new games and under demanding-enough circumstances to really make a judgement on it I suppose. But the R580's 16 pixel pipelines seem a bit sluggish in comparison to the G71's 32... Oh well, have to wait for nVidia to get their chip together I guess.

Yea i want to see those benchies their gonna be awsome.....but i cant wait fro the first DX10 card.....hopefullu we will see a big increase in them than the DX9 cards....

·
Registered
219 Posts
there were several comments earlier made that were incorrect.. first off ati even said this is not the top of the list for there next generation cards...there supposed to be ONE more big one (probably like a 1950XTX PE or something)...ill get a link to you when i find it...next the person who said they saw a 7900 score 13,300 in 3Dmark05...pfff ahahahah,ive seen 11,000 or MORE with a single 7800 gtx 512...so bleh...not impressed if this 13,300 was true...unless it was in 3Dmark06* .just thought i would clear things up =] ...srry if i was rude..i didn;t mean it. -trey

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Action Trey!

there were several comments earlier made that were incorrect.. first off ati even said this is not the top of the list for there next generation cards...there supposed to be ONE more big one (probably like a 1950XTX PE or something)...ill get a link to you when i find it...next the person who said they saw a 7900 score 13,300 in 3Dmark05...pfff ahahahah,ive seen 12,000 or MORE with a single 7800 gtx 512...so bleh...not impressed if this 13,300 was true...unless it was in 3Dmark06* .just thought i would clear things up =] ...srry if i was rude..i didn;t mean it. -trey

Ok, yeah overclocked. Were comparing a overclock 7800GTX 512 to a stock 7900. Probably Shamino's 7800GTX 512 as well, so its OC'ed really high.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

next the person who said they saw a 7900 score 13,300 in 3Dmark05...pfff ahahahah,ive seen 12,000 or MORE with a single 7800 gtx 512...so bleh...not impressed if this 13,300 was true...unless it was in 3Dmark06* .just thought i would clear things up =] ...srry if i was rude..i didn;t mean it. -trey

You've just insulted a god of overclock.net...He will now "bury you" in His amazingness and knowledge.

j/k, j/k, but if you look at the stock GTX 512 on the link, it shows it's getting about 9600, assuming the test was legit, which it should be, considering it's form Tom's Hardware.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

there were several comments earlier made that were incorrect.. first off ati even said this is not the top of the list for there next generation cards...there supposed to be ONE more big one (probably like a 1950XTX PE or something)...ill get a link to you when i find it...next the person who said they saw a 7900 score 13,300 in 3Dmark05...pfff ahahahah,ive seen 11,000 or MORE with a single 7800 gtx 512...so bleh...not impressed if this 13,300 was true...unless it was in 3Dmark06* .just thought i would clear things up =] ...srry if i was rude..i didn;t mean it. -trey

I'd like to see some proof.
Everything I read indicated the X1900XTX was the top of the line for the X1900 cards. And you can't compare a totally decked out, extreme cooled, highly overclocked system (CPU included) to a stock one. :withstupi

·
Registered
584 Posts
You revived a year old thread to ask that? I find that funny, but I'll answer your question.

According to this article, only the 8800GTX and 8800 Ultra will work. Not the 8800 GT or any other card. So, that's a no.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts