Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post all your X1900GT overclocks here!! Also if you like you can also post pictures of what you use to cool this beast and overclocking progress.

I'll also keep a list of overclock rankings for both Rev.1 and Rev.2, and you'll only be added if you post a screenshot of your clocks on ATiTool along with a 30 minutes scan artifact scan so we know it's stable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by X1900GT Overclock Rankings
Rev.1:
1a/2b. NuclearCrap @ 720/1320
1b/2a. what? @ 702/1602

Rev.2:
1a/2b. TheWaxShop @ 578/1602
2a/3b. !-!Shake!-! @ 574/1584
3a/1b. noname @ 547/1674

Note: Memory is displayed as effective. (a) is core record and (b) is memory record.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
ahhh, nvrmnd, wasn't stable after testing for artifacts. Only pulled 675/775... 3dmark score came to a nice 6457 though. Have you guys had good scores with these cards, I'm new to ATI's...

·
Registered
45 Posts
#NuclearCrap
I have finally tracked down that version of ATITOOL in the hope of being able to chance my voltages without modding my x1900GT. I installed it but i cant find it anywhere? Plzz help me.. I wanna overclock my GFX to inffinity

Shake

·
Premium Member
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by !-!Shake!-! View Post
#NuclearCrap
I have finally tracked down that version of ATITOOL in the hope of being able to chance my voltages without modding my x1900GT. I installed it but i cant find it anywhere? Plzz help me.. I wanna overclock my GFX to inffinity

Shake
The voltage setting is dependent on the hardware itself, where you can only change voltage through software if you have the older Rev.1 X1900GT which has a cooler that looks like this:

Rev.2 X1900GT's need to be hard-modded and they look like this:

Find out which one you have first, and if you do have the Rev.1, just click the "Settings" button in ATiTool and choose "Voltage Settings" or whatever it's called.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn... My is rev2. Man i hate that they just go ahead and make another produkt and stil call it a X1900GT... Lucky my runs 580Mhz and 700mhz with that standard cooler. Man i hoped for a serious overclock but no. Hmm i think ill put a vf900CU on it and see what i cant get out of it. Isnt that the best cooler after water?

Shake

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nah the Sytrin/Masscool ku cooling is better, so is Thermalright's New VGA cooler HR-01.

I got my 1900gt running 700/800 when I game and temps don't go above 60C after hours. Could go further but I don't feel i need to OC it anymore nor do i want to take the time to.

Also if you are OC'ing ur 1900gt, put a 80mm or anything u want over the voltage regulators. I strapped on a quiet 80mm using zip ties too cool them, helped alot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have decided to put a Danger Den Acetal 4 GPU waterblock on it.. I have watercooling on my [email protected] so its not that hard to install.. And then ill put a 120mm on each side of the card.. That should do it, right?
I allready have a 120mm on the backsie of the card because of the texture units where running at 50C and thats not good.. But now with the litte 120mm they are running at a nice 30C... Man i hope to reach atleast 600mhz on the core.
Btw is it good to have them little zalman alu files on the ram? Some says it has the uppersite effect and heat up the ram insteed of cooling it?

Shake

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Revision 2 has different voltage regulators. The X1900XT/XTX and rev1 GT have 5 to 7 small regulators under that long thin heatsink and they get very very hot. (mine get hotter than the GPU). The second rev only has 3 of those regulators and a better heatsink.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can anybody post a picture of them 3 regulators on the rev2 sapphire card? As i´ve written i am going to put a waterblock on the card, and it sounds like i better put a little zalman ram heatsink on the regulators

Dos it improve overclocke and the health of the card to put the small zalman ramcoolers on the ram?

Shake

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it okay to:

BUMP?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.