Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a ati x800 platinum edition... it said it should run at 520/1120 core/mem speed. i open in ATI tool and wth? its running at 520/560! what is this a a rip off? i got from newegg

·
Registered
787 Posts
LOL, dude, If you seriously thought that it was only at those numbers you need to do some research before you buy a very expensive card. I have my Excalibur running at that and its stock was 450/475 I think. I still have room to push also. Oh yes, what are good temps for a pressy at full load and at no load.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OzziKing

LOL, dude, If you seriously thought that it was only at those numbers you need to do some research before you buy a very expensive card. I have my Excalibur running at that and its stock was 450/475 I think. I still have room to push also. Oh yes, what are good temps for a pressy at full load and at no load.

good temps at no load???? well i runn folding app 24/7 so i dont runn unloaded

no load i would guess with my setup temps would be around 95°f
my load temps are 110°f max but this isnt stock settings or stock cooling....
with stock cooling i was hitting 130+ constantly it drove me insane

do you want to know what your limits should be???
135°f is what i would consider to hot but ive heard that it can handle up to 70°c [158°f] but im not ever going to run it that hot

why you asking??? what temps are you running???

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OzziKing

Good temps for a Pressy are less than 65*C. I usually check in around 59* at 3.6GHZ after 15min of folding. But it also depends on your video card. When I popped in the 6800 Ultra and my temps jumped about 5*C
. I think the X800XT won't draw as much wattage, so you will probably run cooler depending on your HSF and Ambient temps.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
It's normal liek eveyone has said

Oy Dude, you can get that 3.6 to atleast 4Ghz but shouldn't be hard to get 4.3Ghz with a XP-120. Tweak it up some more and rip it past 4Ghz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts