Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
............ 800Pro w/vivo 16 pipes, "4 have been unlocked" , can't get card to oc at all?????????..........artifacts like mad,...runs at stock settings but artifacts some, haven't used card in almost a year ( 8-9 months) ,..the saved bios is lost too.............should I try to fix this card or sell it as is?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
You might have faulty pipelines. Did the artifacts appear after you unlocked or were they always there?

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste

You might have faulty pipelines. Did the artifacts appear after you unlocked or were they always there?

....after ...

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmhnc

............ 800Pro w/vivo 16 pipes, "4 have been unlocked" , can't get card to oc at all?????????..........artifacts like mad,...runs at stock settings but artifacts some, haven't used card in almost a year ( 8-9 months) ,..the saved bios is lost too.............should I try to fix this card or sell it as is?

..........what if I were to incress voltage to the card??

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

..........what if I were to incress voltage to tje card??

Yes, it could be because the card is lacking power. However, you'd need to do a volt mod on the card.
Have you tried flashing the card back to an x800pro vivo? Use atiflash and the command "atiflash -newbios -f -p 0 biosname.bin" replacing biosname with the filename of the x800pro bios.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste

Yes, it could be because the card is lacking power. However, you'd need to do a volt mod on the card.
Have you tried flashing the card back to an x800pro vivo? Use atiflash and the command "atiflash -newbios -f -p 0 biosname.bin" replacing biosname with the filename of the x800pro bios.

...yes I have done this already, it reads as a 800Pro but with 16 pipes!

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

...yes I have done this already, it reads as a 800Pro but with 16 pipes!

Have you used that command though? The -newbios parameter should allow the pipelines to be closed again.

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
This is really interesting because from what i know those pipes you unlocked may be faulty or not correct as such so refslashin back to old bios would help Like ''Ste'' said above..I wonder if this will fix the prob though..Plus check your temps of that card and make sure it isnt overheating.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...thanks guys for your replies. I will try to see if I can do anything with this card as soon as I get my game rig back together, still waiting on MSI on my RMA replacement mother board.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

This is really interesting because from what i know those pipes you unlocked may be faulty or not correct as such so refslashin back to old bios would help Like ''Ste'' said above..I wonder if this will fix the prob though..Plus check your temps of that card and make sure it isnt overheating.

.......I don't have my old bios,.......this is my problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had some similar issues to you
ssue just bought and installed a used x800 pro vivo w/artic silencer 5 unlocked to 16 pipes not oc. system was working fine before now BSOD.

Here is what I did so far uninstalled nvidia video drivers used driver cleaner and nasty file remover.

Updated MB bios to newest
Installed ATI 5.13 drivers and CCC Then uninsatlled CCC b/c heard of issues
Uninstalled ATI drivers and Installed DHzer0point_0.513 uninstalled these and installed basic ATI 5.13

uninstalled all nvidia drivers and reinstalled MB drivers

So mostly get the BSOD when OC or paly BF2 so my guess may be PSU. I have dump file for any experts to read

My final solution was a re-format and re-installation of windows that fixed all my problems. Not saying it will fix yours but it might.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts