Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So something has bothered me for quite some time. I picked up a jelly comb BT keyboard for my nexus 9 and its awesome. However, I feel its use is so limited because I can just pick up my tablet and go. It's more of a hassle if I'm just browsing and posting to actually use the keyboard than it is to just use the on screen one. I definitely can't type as fast and for other stuff I feel having the physical keyboard is much more useful.

I have 2 cases for my nexus 9 right now. One is a folio case and another is just a case protector with no face cover. I like both and use both quite often. However, if I want to use my keyboard I have to use the folio and setup my tablet typically 1 way on the stand and then use my keyboard close to the tablet. There's 0 possibility of using it on my lap. The tablet will just fall right over. So this is my idea...

1. I've got some 1/8" acrylic. I'm going to cut out a hole for the entire keyboard and attach the keyboard. I plan to round the edges of the acrylic to make it more like a case look. I'm also thinking of cutting out a hole the size for my tablet to fit. So when you close the tablet to the keyboard, its a perfect fit.
2. I plan on getting laptop screen hinges so that I can flip up and down my tablet from the keyboard and have it actually stay there...

What do you guys think? I know it sounds kind of alot of work but I really would like to use my tablet more like a laptop and I just cant... I also don't want it to look real ghetto so I need alot of planning going into this...

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
I know it costs a few bucks but why not just buy one of the integrated keyboard cases for the Nexus 9? There are a wide variety available that essentially turn it into a laptop format.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar View Post

I know it costs a few bucks but why not just buy one of the integrated keyboard cases for the Nexus 9? There are a wide variety available that essentially turn it into a laptop format.
That sounds fine and dandy but the issue is that the cases that include the keyboards don't open and close like a laptop. Meaning, I can't really have my tablet on my lap and use it like a laptop that holds the screen up. All the cases that have a keyboard require some sort of back desk or area that requires the hinge to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts