Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to transfer data between 2 win xp pc's using a parallel or a usb-to-usb cable?

If it is plz explain it to me thnx

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchBoy

Is it possible to transfer data between 2 win xp pc's using a parallel or a usb-to-usb cable?

If it is plz explain it to me thnx

For USB you need a crossover usb cable. It won't work with a straight cable. The cable will normally have drivers with it, just install these and Win XP should pick up a network when the cable is plugged into the PCs.
Then just go through and setup the Home Network and you should be able to file share and share the internet etc.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweako_420

LoL I think you mean you need a crossover cable if its ethernet.

And USB

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aww so i bought a totally useless cable :S
one without crossover section thnx anyway at least now i know how to get my stuff from one pc to another

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Yes, you can use USB (as people have said), or you can also use IEEE 1394 (Firewire). I'm 90% sure you can do it with a serial cable as well, but USB and Firewire would be much much faster.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Yeah USB and Firewire are easier because they're current. Firewire is usually the easiest in my experience, because most windows installs already list it as a network connection.

You can use that cable if you cut it open and swap the white and green cables. White is Data- and Green is Data+. A crossover just crosses them in the middle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts