Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys starting a new G5 mod and im looking for an ATX motherboard tray. This tray needs to be a sturdy build. I am going to weld this into the g5 case for a seemless design, so i would love to have perfect condition.
So let me know what you guys have.

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Just going by price that you put on thread, the lian li motherboard trays are about the same retail.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrak View Post

Just going by price that you put on thread, the lian li motherboard trays are about the same retail.
yes they are but after looking at them, i dont think they will hold up to welding, im affraid they might melt with how thin they are.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtryder_9 View Post

I have a mountain mods plateu case. If your interested I would sell you the atx out of there. though I dont know how well any mb tray will hold up with welding, I would think brazing would be better suited, but its a interesting mod and would like to know how it goes. Just let me know if your interested.
i may be interested in your atx tray out of it, but i dont want to seperate you from your board.
Also i have thought about brazing but i have never done it. I have aluminum feed rail for my mig but if i can pick up on some brazing then it might work.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtryder_9 View Post

I've had that case sitting in my closet for almost 6 months, so ill part with the tray no problem.
sent from galaxy II
want to pm me some images of just the tray?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by voklskier4452 View Post

Check the coolermaster parts website. They frequently sell the ATCS 840 removable motherboard tray for $10 + S/H.
yea they have not had 840's for awhile, thanks though.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx View Post

I am going to weld this into the g5 case for a seemless design, so i would love to have perfect condition.
Do you own a MIG? Pardon me if you know this already, but it's my understanding a MIG is required to weld aluminum to steel. If you're going aluminum to aluminum, will you be using brazing rods?

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx View Post

i may be interested in your atx tray out of it, but i dont want to seperate you from your board.
Also i have thought about brazing but i have never done it. I have aluminum feed rail for my mig but if i can pick up on some brazing then it might work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher Carnaby View Post

Do you own a MIG? Pardon me if you know this already, but it's my understanding a MIG is required to weld aluminum to steel. If you're going aluminum to aluminum, will you be using brazing rods?
Must of missed that.

Anyways, good luck with the project and hope to see a build log here soon
biggrin.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts