Overclock.net banner

Sound Blaster "Audigy 2 Value" or "Audigy Live! 24bit"???

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a 7.1 speaker system for Christmas ( Inspire T7700 ) and would like to know if i should get a Sound Blaster "Audigy 2 Value" for $65 or a "Audigy Live! 24bit" for $30 can anyone help me?

Mainly I need to know if the Audigy 2 Value is truly worth the $35 difference, otherwise I'll have to go with the Audigy Live! 24bit.

-$ based on Newegg.com

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix

I say get the Audigy 2 ZS or the new Audigy 4. I am not sure if the Audigy 2 has 7 discrete channels, but I know the Audigy 2 ZS does. Maybe someone else can weigh in.

Okay, it looks like the Audigy 2 only supports 6.1, but as I said before the Audigy 2 ZS supports 7.1, that would be your best buy, I don't think it is much more expensive than the Audigy 2.

Here is the link, check it out for yourself. http://us.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1&

I have an Audigy Platinum, and I love it. It is perfect for gaming and stuff. I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago so it only supports 5.1, but it does just what I need. You won't regret a Sound Blaster Product.

FYI: The Sound Blaster Live! only supports 5.1

Also it looks like now is the time to buy, since newegg is offering it for $71!!
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...C-pr1c3grabb3r

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hop1hop2

The Audigy 2 "Value" is not the same as the plain old "Audgiy 2".

The Audigy 2 "Value" supports 7.1

P.S. the Audigy Live! 24bit now supports 7.1 also.

Thanks for the info, I stand corrected
. I still say however that you should pay a little extra and get the Audigy 2 ZS with the THX certification. Why not for $5??

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

I am getting a 7.1 speaker system for Christmas ( Inspire T7700 ) and would like to know if i should get a Sound Blaster "Audigy 2 Value" for $65 or a "Audigy Live! 24bit" for $30 can anyone help me?

Mainly I need to know if the Audigy 2 Value is truly worth the $35 difference, otherwise I'll have to go with the Audigy Live! 24bit.

-$ based on Newegg.com

if that surround sound is any good... go with whichever card has true surround and EAX

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix

Okay, it looks like the Audigy 2 only supports 6.1, but as I said before the Audigy 2 ZS supports 7.1, that would be your best buy, I don't think it is much more expensive than the Audigy 2.

Here is the link, check it out for yourself. http://us.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1&

I have an Audigy Platinum, and I love it. It is perfect for gaming and stuff. I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago so it only supports 5.1, but it does just what I need. You won't regret a Sound Blaster Product.

FYI: The Sound Blaster Live! only supports 5.1

Also it looks like now is the time to buy, since newegg is offering it for $71!!
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...C-pr1c3grabb3r

isn't 7.1 overkill? i dunno the difference... it has to side speakers right... like on left and right between front and rear? I think speakers are no good... I have and Audigy 2 ZS with Zalman 5.1 headphones(true 5.1 not simulated) and I must say it's quite sufficient...

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
for the sake of future use, and bragging rights, i would get a ZS it sounds way better, and will like those speakers alot more. its worth the extra $

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:

-$ based on Newegg.com

Hey man.I'm runnin an Audigy "Gamer" awsome card...swear by it!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I always think it's best to buy the best thing you can afford. I've not looked back after getting the Audigy 2 Zs. It sounds brilliant and you'll never think "I wonder if it would sound better on.....

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

I always think it's best to buy the best thing you can afford. I've not looked back after getting the Audigy 2 Zs. It sounds brilliant and you'll never think "I wonder if it would sound better on.....

Gibant... it's happening again.... once again I must agree with you. The audigy 2 zs is an awesome card. So good in fact that when I utilize the surround sound in CS when its me on say 4 guys. I utilize the surround sound on my Zalman true 5.1 surround sound headphones and I tread lightly and win... I am often called a lan hacker for this reason... I am in fact not.... but i know where they come from... even though the footsteps are unrealistic they are effective.. don't worry gibant... i'll still never agree with your choice in processors

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

Gibant... it's happening again.... once again I must agree with you. The audigy 2 zs is an awesome card. So good in fact that when I utilize the surround sound in CS when its me on say 4 guys. I utilize the surround sound on my Zalman true 5.1 surround sound headphones and I tread lightly and win... I am often called a lan hacker for this reason... I am in fact not.... but i know where they come from... even though the footsteps are unrealistic they are effective.. don't worry gibant... i'll still never agree with your choice in processors

The fact that we both use the Zalman Headphones aswell gives me cause for concern.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

The fact that we both use the Zalman Headphones aswell gives me cause for concern.

no ****? oh wow... ... .. that is indeed cause for concern... but it just goes to show the beauty of this forum... we are not so much on opposite sides of the room... we are in different rows on the same side... those friggin dell people are on the other side... i must ask though... how do you like those things for sound quality... ive got mine working fine... i must admit that they lack the hifi definition that a pair designed for music would have... but thats no problem... hey man... if you ever play CS Source or CS 1.6(which i dont have but am thinking of getting) i imagine we could rock it... i already use them to alert my teammates to enemy positions...

EDIT: It also goes to show that you have good taste in peripherals... those things were the better of two gaming peripherals i bought... i also bought the n52 speedpad... but due to my laziness i have no gotten to completely configuring it to CS... it is the right side of the keyboard... i configured voice chat to it but not team joining and a few other commands.. plus i think it was causing the game to crash because it would crash really quick with it plugged in

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

no ****? oh wow... ... .. that is indeed cause for concern... but it just goes to show the beauty of this forum... we are not so much on opposite sides of the room... we are in different rows on the same side... those friggin dell people are on the other side... i must ask though... how do you like those things for sound quality... ive got mine working fine... i must admit that they lack the hifi definition that a pair designed for music would have... but thats no problem... hey man... if you ever play CS Source or CS 1.6(which i dont have but am thinking of getting) i imagine we could rock it... i already use them to alert my teammates to enemy positions...

The Hi-Fi equipment I use is mainly Linn audio, http://www.linn.co.uk/

I you know if you know much about the highest quality audio equipment but you obviously can't compare the Zalman's to 'proper' equipment. There brilliant at what they were designed for.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts