Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My on-board audio is giving me issues that never happened before. Realtek HD audio manager keeps popping up and saying "You just unplugged a device from the audio jack." and the audio cuts out for a second. I haven't even touched it. There isn't even a cable plugged in and it is popping up!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and different versions 5 times mow, ran driver sweeper as well.

It runs fine and doesn't cut out when the manager is uninstalled though. Once it is installed it gives issues.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it's clean, I just blew it out with my compressor. I just did a reinstall and it is still doing it...I really hope it isn't a degrading audio chip. :\

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just did a full Windows reinstall, still giving issue...the front audio port isn't giving issue so it isn't a defective audio chip.

I it happens randomly, I don't get it. I've used different head sets, different cables and still it randomly comes up saying "You just unplugged a device from the audio jack."

Grrrrrrrrr. Me mad!!!

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still giving issues...It was fine for a while though. Thanks though.

EDIT: There isn't even a cable plugged in and it is popping up!

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
You can make it never detect changed, but that's more ignoring the problem than fixing it.

·
Prince of all Saiyans
4,196 Posts
I had this same issue before on an old mobo. I solved it by inserting a 3.5mm jack with force a multitude of times along with using a toothpick to remove any stuck particulate. It's def the not the most novel approach,but it worked... Lol

GL

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindrage606;15231415
I had this same issue before on an old mobo. I solved it by inserting a 3.5mm jack with force a multitude of times along with using a toothpick to remove any stuck particulate. It's def the not the most novel approach,but it worked... Lol

GL
Hmmm, ill try looking into it. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliq;15231520
I linked him to some updated drivers that released last month, hopefully that'll fix the problem.
Stupid drivers still didn't fix it! lol Thanks though.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by munaim1
View Post

Did you change anything prior to it happening?

Only thing I can think of is a fresh OS install.

It is doing it on a fresh install as well...I don't remember it happening when I had it set up a month ago for my dad's pc nor when I did the mobo swap from my X58 build to this with out the reinstall.

Maybe I need some old realtek drivers? I may just insatll the drivers for the -pro and deluxe version of my board, maybe even the ones from my P6X58D-premium...

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanWebster
View Post

It is doing it on a fresh install as well...I don't remember it happening when I had it set up a month ago for my dad's pc nor when I did the mobo swap from my X58 build to this with out the reinstall.

Maybe I need some old realtek drivers? I may just insatll the drivers for the -pro and deluxe version of my board, maybe even the ones from my P6X58D-premium...

Reinstalling the older drivers didn't work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts