Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had this Windows 11 Laptop for around 3-4 years approximately. Like 6 weeks ago I started getting this "No audio device is installed" showing on the lower right hand corner( took a screen shot). Basically when you hover your mouse over the stereo speaker it shows the "No audio device is installed".(as seen in the attachment).

I used common sense and I restarted the laptop and surely enough it fixed the problem it might return maybe once a week, but restarting the laptop would fix the problem each time.

Today it happened again for no reason it's always random and I restarted and still no audio and again I restarted etc, etc same problem.
Computer Green Product Rectangle Font

Green Light Product Font Line

Rectangle Font Screenshot Multimedia Parallel

I also went to the device manager and it says "This device is working property".
It's clearly NOT working property I'm not getting any sound.

Anyone have any solutions for this?

Thank you.

·
Senior OCN Member
42,059 Posts
Sounds like it could be a driver issue so try and remove the audio driver
Windows should be able to find and re-install it

Might fix the issue

• Rep+
Reactions: maltamonk

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Yup, had this happen with Windows 11 as well - removing device and allowing Windows to redetect solved it. Not had it happen since. Windows 11 is weird - not sure whether it's Windows itself or the laptop it's on (since it's fairly new and had more than its fair share of issues...) - but I've had more strange an unexplainable quirks since I bought that laptop than I've had in the last 10 years with a dozen other systems (and it's my only Win 11 box...)

·
Senior OCN Member
42,059 Posts
How do I remove the audio driver I have never done this.
Right click on the audio driver in the device manager and uninstall it
Windows should auto install it after a restart of the computer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts