Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Asus P5B Deluxe Motherboard and when I connect the LCD screen's speakers to the back panel of the motherboard, sound only comes out of one speakers. However, I have a front panel which uses the Azalia connection and when I plug it from the front, sounds come out of both speakers. The problem is I have a Cooler Master Musketeer Sound Controller, so I have to connect from the back.<br><br>
Any ideas?<br>
Thanks.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Which port in the back are you plugging it into? You may be plugging it into the wrong port since the onboard is 8 channel.....I had a similar experience on my P5WD2 Premium with 7.1 onboard....unless you plugged it into the right port, and set up the settings in the controller (Soundmax for the P5B Deluxe) then it would not work at all or only come out one.<br />
<br />
Make sure you are using the LINE IN input on the back and open up the Soundmax control panel and see what it is reading the line as.....

·
Registered
883 Posts
I had to plug in each output one by one, and click ok after each one was "detected". Same with the realtek audio on my msi RD480 and A8N-E<br><br>
When you plug in a speaker a dialouge box asks "Did you plug in such n such speaker?" Try selecting all the outputs manually

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unplug the front panel header from the motherboard and see if you have stereo out of the LCD speakers...If you do, then I suspect that you have a conflict with the wiring from the musketeer. I am not at my computer right now, but I believe that there is a setting in the BIOS to change the front panel port connection to be either HD or AC'97...<br><br>
Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts