Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the stats i am looking for are there but i figured i would ask you guys, are these headphones any good?

thanks in advance

Edit: which is better for the money?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Those are great headphones. You wont be disappointed with them. If you're feeling adventurous try out the different mods for them too they'll make it even better

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashau View Post
Those are great headphones. You wont be disappointed with them. If you're feeling adventurous try out the different mods for them too they'll make it even better
wait.... you can mod headphones (assuming other than paint)

wow i learn something new everyday on this site..

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
depends on how you're going to use them. FPS / Directional Gaming is fantastic, depending on music taste however it might not suit.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi
View Post

depends on how you're going to use them. FPS / Directional Gaming is fantastic, depending on music taste however it might not suit.

well i will use these for a little bit of gaming but manly music to replace my pos skullcandy over ear headphones, i listen to alot of electronic and rock, i also love bass so the lower and louder they are happier i am

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Try the blu-tak mod for high and pronounced bass on the AD700. It will void your warranty though. For the price you'll be hard put to find any thing better than those cans

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hate to ask but is there any other headphones that are over ear and as good if not better than these that are possibly cheaper?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Erm well yes if you'd like more bass there's always this.

DT770 Pro 80 DT770 Pro 80

Apart from that though I wouldn't know any other choices. Someone could prove me wrong though

Oh nevermind, it's used. Unless you're ok with that.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashau
View Post

Erm well yes if you'd like more bass there's always this.
DT770 Pro 80

Apart from that though I wouldn't know any other choices. Someone could prove me wrong though

Oh nevermind, it's used. Unless you're ok with that.

yea, to me headphones are like underwear, you never get them used....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well if you can shell out around $10 more you can get an ATH-M50. It's pretty good for all kinds of music (it's a neutral headphone) and it has got real good bass.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by h0thead132 View Post
yea, to me headphones are like underwear, you never get them used....
Used is fine, it really is as long as it's in good condition. In fact the advantage of it being used is that they're burned in more.

Anyway,

Alienware Ozma 5 (OEM'ed Ultrasone HFI-550)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alienware-OZMA-5...#ht_562wt_1139

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post
Used is fine, it really is as long as it's in good condition. In fact the advantage of it being used is that they're burned in more.

Anyway,

Alienware Ozma 5 (OEM'ed Ultrasone HFI-550)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alienware-OZMA-5...#ht_562wt_1139
Well that is just from my experience, i have had some bad times with used headphones, and what this is for is i am off to college and my mom wants me to pick out something that i want for Christmas, i don't like asking for stuff that is too expensive so i would love it to be new and cheap.... also just a personal thing, i hate dell, alienware is owned by dell, so by transient properties i hate alienware, overpriced peaces of crap..

Edit: not trying to start a flame war, but sorry if i do...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Well that is just from my experience, i have had some bad times with used headphones, and what this is for is i am off to college and my mom wants me to pick out something that i want for Christmas, i don't like asking for stuff that is too expensive so i would love it to be new and cheap.... also just a personal thing, i hate dell, alienware is owned by dell, so by transient properties i hate alienware, overpriced peaces of crap..

Edit: not trying to start a flame war, but sorry if i do...
Guess you don't like to read much? These are Ultrasone headphones, just with the Alienware logo and crap.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloke226 View Post
Guess you don't like to read much? These are Ultrasone headphones, just with the Alienware logo and crap.
and no you are right, i really hate reading, i have $300 USD worth of college books in my desk that still have the plastic on them

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

and no you are right, i really hate reading, i have $300 USD worth of college books in my desk that still have the plastic on them
Lol...college reading is different

But yeah Ultrasone is pretty awesome for electronic music. I have a pair, and I love them.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorb
View Post

I wouldn't buy used headphones because I don't want somebody else's headjuice on my stuff.

my thoughts exactly!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i have narrowed it down to Audio-Technica brand headphones, i like the looks and the stats are all there, now my question is will i notice the difference between the

ATH-A700 ATH-A700
and the

ATH-A500 ATH-A500
headphones

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorb
View Post

I wouldn't buy used headphones because I don't want somebody else's headjuice on my stuff.

amen

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
I'm telling you, the Ozma 5 would be better than those Audio Technicas.
Used headphones are fine. Your keyboard probably has more bacteria than your toilet seat but you don't perceive it as such.

It's an OEM. There's OEMing everywhere in the audio visual world. Even those Audio Technicas are OEM'ed, OEM'ed from Fostex.

Alienware Ozma 5 = Ultrasone HFI-550 / HFI-580

Exactly the same apart from looks.
If you don't like the looks, there's better than the A500 and A700 series tbh out there.

brand loyalty and disloyalty is just silly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts