Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm sorry if this isn't the right section for this - seems to fall into several categories.

So here's the issue.

I have a Lenovo T500 which outputs video either over Displayport or VGA - and audio by 1/8 jack. A restriction of the T500s Displayport is that it lacks audio output.

The goal is to plug this into an HDTV that lacks a VGA input and I am unable to select a different audio input when the HDMI video is selected - meaning I can't use Displayport to HDMI and then 1/8 to RCA Audio separately. The TV also does not have a 1/8 audio jack. (HDMI, Component, RCA and S-Video are the only options for input.)

So my question is, does anyone know of a cable that would combine a Displayports video output with the 1/8 jacks audio output into a single HDMI input?

Or does anyone have another suggestion as to how I might make this work? (And please don't say Displayport to HDMI +bring speakers with 1/8 input.)

·
Registered
452 Posts
So the VGA doesn't have any sound input coupled with it at all? Also what other inputs does the TV have?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Farfnarkle
View Post

So the VGA doesn't have any sound input coupled with it at all? Also what other inputs does the TV have?

I did not explain clearly:

The TV does not support VGA at all.

The TV has:
HDMI, Component, RCA and S-Video

1 - 3 of 3 Posts