Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be in the market for new speakers now that my Logicrap Z-5500 died on me. I found these three to be the type of setup I'm looking for, with the only drawback being that only the Swan M10 has a subwoofer (and even that seems to not be really a subwoofer).

So which one do you guys think I should get? Do you have any other suggestions? I'm looking for 2.1 preferably around this price range (less than $150).

Thanks, all.

P.S. to mods: Yes, this is a repost of my thread from Home Audio. Please let me know if this a problem.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
AV40 if you plan on using a sub with them, A2 if you do not.
Alright. Thanks for your input. Do you have any experience with these three; if so, which ones?

At this time, let's assume that I will NOT be getting a subwoofer in the near future.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
I've only heard the A2 out of those three and they sound pretty good. Best Buy has the AV40 on display in most stores but its always too damn loud in there to get a good listen.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I am interested too to the A2's , do they need a good sound card ? will it be worth ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by supra_rz
View Post

I am interested too to the A2's , do they need a good sound card ? will it be worth ?

Check it out: if you're upgrading from the z5500, just write each of your options on a piece of paper and draw out of a hat; you won't be disappointed in any of those upgrades. The A2's are highly regarded in the audiophile world, and I can personally vouch for their quality. The other two are solid choices as well, and a good upgrade from the logitechs. The only thing I'd remind you of is that you're going from surround to stereo, so if you're going to miss the surround, you should probably buy another surround set.

If you can, you should wait until January to buy any Audioengine products, as they typically have 10-25% off coupon codes during Macworld/CES.

Oh, and personally I would say to use a good sound card for the extra sound quality and impact, but onboard sound should be good enough to drive the A2s pretty well

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsme9003 View Post
Check it out: if you're upgrading from the z5500, just write each of your options on a piece of paper and draw out of a hat; you won't be disappointed in any of those upgrades. The A2's are highly regarded in the audiophile world, and I can personally vouch for their quality. The other two are solid choices as well, and a good upgrade from the logitechs. The only thing I'd remind you of is that you're going from surround to stereo, so if you're going to miss the surround, you should probably buy another surround set.

If you can, you should wait until January to buy any Audioengine products, as they typically have 10-25% off coupon codes during Macworld/CES.

Oh, and personally I would say to use a good sound card for the extra sound quality and impact, but onboard sound should be good enough to drive the A2s pretty well

yea they great on reviews , i am actually waiting for a deal on m audio bx5a , if not completed then i go for A2's there like 170 euros in europe

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsme9003 View Post
That seems a little high; here in the US they are sold for less than $200. Maybe shop around some more?
i know in the us are cheap but we pay fees for high price and also shipping is simply RIDICULOUS . they want 100 $ to ship here
my audio need cant be satisfied then. 170 is the cheapest i found on 2 days research from audioaffair.co.uk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by supra_rz View Post
i know in the us are cheap but we pay fees for high price and also shipping is simply RIDICULOUS . they want 100 $ to ship here
my audio need cant be satisfied then. 170 is the cheapest i found on 2 days research from audioaffair.co.uk
Wow, that sucks. Well, I'll keep you in mind if I ever come across an international deal I see on ebay

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
they even more expensive there on international orders
, i hope i get the bx5a for like 200 shipped

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I cant speaker for the other 2 speakers but I got the AV40s last week. Im very impressed and happy with it. Music sounds amazing on it but there are a few complaints I have. I dislike the button placement which is on the back. The amp which is also located in the back of the left speaker gets very hot after several hours. The speakers have plenty of bass but lacks a subwoofer. If you are not listening to bass heavy music like hiphop or electronica, you should be fine w/o a sub.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThumperSD View Post
I cant speaker for the other 2 speakers but I got the AV40s last week. Im very impressed and happy with it. Music sounds amazing on it but there are a few complaints I have. I dislike the button placement which is on the back. The amp which is also located in the back of the left speaker gets very hot after several hours. The speakers have plenty of bass but lacks a subwoofer. If you are not listening to bass heavy music like hiphop or electronica, you should be fine w/o a sub.
oh thanks for the comment .
lets see if i can get the bx5a

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by flushentitypacket View Post
Sounds like I can't go wrong with any one of these!

Hmm, such a tough decision. Ideally, someone who has experience with two or more of these would have some input.
I ordered the BX5A , hope they will be better

1 - 16 of 16 Posts