Overclock.net banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Lucky you. why can't I get such nice units?

Well its over lol, I can only run these two GPUs (750ti and 950) at the moment due to heat and systems reconfiguration for other purposes, but I am back where I expected to be 280K PPD from both.

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
3 Titan V's on Milky way my ass @Jpmboy

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,868 Posts
It looks like I'm going to be out after the first unit.

Last night our Eskom power went out in the early morning hours, and the batteries didn't even make an hour and a half before my UPS woke me up. The rig is on again (and I doubt that was the only reason, but I'm still studying the logs), but I suppose I'll have to drop out of the FAT once this unit is finished. A bank of 4 deep cycle batteries is not cheap, so we don't want to wear them out too quickly.

·
OC...D
27,801 Posts

Attachments

·
User of the PC
2,046 Posts
Flight Simulator is out, but my rig that I play it on is folding. 1st world problems suck...

·
Maximum effort.
987 Posts
AMD driver decided to stop responding around 2AM...

·
Registered
142 Posts
This new GPUs need to release already.

Tons of WUs being completed though

·
OC...D
27,801 Posts
This new GPUs need to release already.
Tons of WUs being completed though
Really looking forward to the 30xx series from NV.
Yeah, If you are folding mainly on the CPU, the WUs go quick, I just never understood why they didn't give PPD "in accord" with WUs. :thinking:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Really looking forward to the 30xx series from NV.
Yeah, If you are folding mainly on the CPU, the WUs go quick, I just never understood why they didn't give PPD "in accord" with WUs. :thinking:

3970X makes short work of em thats for sure. I'm sure 3990X will do the same.

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
It looks like I'm going to be out after the first unit.

Last night our Eskom power went out in the early morning hours, and the batteries didn't even make an hour and a half before my UPS woke me up. The rig is on again (and I doubt that was the only reason, but I'm still studying the logs), but I suppose I'll have to drop out of the FAT once this unit is finished. A bank of 4 deep cycle batteries is not cheap, so we don't want to wear them out too quickly.
Sorry to hear that! Good luck with getting everything back up and running :thumb:

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,868 Posts
It seems when I last adjusted the change-over voltages (I sometimes set it higher when we're expecting outages at night) I got the charge vs voltage a bit wrong. It was lower than I thought. Combined with a presumed spike in consumption (the log is only updated every 5 minutes), which must have dropped the voltage to the cut-out point.

I pushed the change over up a bit (not too high though as it normally switches to Eskom when someone decides to use the microwave or something in the evening), but I'll hopefully be back next month. At least I managed to complete one unit.

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
3rd rig going up. Just waiting on my Octo to arrive today along with a 1660Ti I snagged on the low. I have an old 970 that has been problematic that I will try to add in there, but I don't think it's going to make it. It used to give solid color freezes a few years back when I used it.

Attachments

·
User of the PC
2,046 Posts
3rd rig going up. Just waiting on my Octo to arrive today along with a 1660Ti I snagged on the low. I have an old 970 that has been problematic that I will try to add in there, but I don't think it's going to make it. It used to give solid color freezes a few years back when I used it.
Oooh is that an X79 board?

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
Oooh is that an X79 board?
Why yes it is, just picked it up with a i7 3930k some RAM and an SSD from a member here on the forums at a great price.

·
OC...D
27,801 Posts
Nice! X79 is just bullet proof.

·
OC...D
27,801 Posts
It certainly is, honestly I think its still my favourite platform.
yeah, the x79 Rampage IV Extreme/4960X rig here has been solid for years.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,336 Posts
I keep forgetting to check this subforum. Do I need to sign up for these things each time or just once?

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
I keep forgetting to check this subforum. Do I need to sign up for these things each time or just once?
You need to sign up each time.
This time @CptAsian reminded me by posting in the previous FAT thread, that works for me :)

61 - 80 of 90 Posts