Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Hair is big business in the world of gaming (unless you are playing Hitman) and hardware giant AMD has unveiled an entirely new hair technology to help combat those bad hair days. Titled TressFX, the new DirectCompute programming language is able to unlock "the massively-parallel processing capabilities of the Graphics Core Next architecture, enabling image quality previously restricted to pre-rendered images." In more simpler terms, the new system allows for prettier hair.

It's about time we see something like this in games. Although, I have to agree with some of the comments in that the hair looks a little bit too much like something from a shampoo advertisement considering what Lara is doing...

Source

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Is this technology exclusive to AMD video card? Have they pulled an Nvidia and closed it off like Physx?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrillex View Post

Who's bothered about some slightly better hair.
Lol I can't help find it amusing with your sig rig's name and pic.
thumb.gif

Us PC players are always complaining about not having advancements in graphical detail. Now that there's some active progress in the details and you're saying don't bother? That's just silly. Unless of course you're being cheekily sarcastic with your sig rig?
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L D4WG View Post

Is this technology exclusive to AMD video card? Have they pulled an Nvidia and closed it off like Physx?
I don't believe it's AMD exclusive, since Nvidia cards can also use directcompute.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superericla View Post

I don't believe it's AMD exclusive, since Nvidia cards can also use directcompute.
At the bottom of the article it say
Quote:
For those interested in the new AMD feature you'll require a graphics card featuring the Graphics Core Next architecture, like the AMD Radeon HD 7000 series
So that leads me to believe, that it is locked to AMD cards only right now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.