Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my x-fi forte just the other day decided that it didn't want to output sound thru the headphone jack. i tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling. re seating the card, swapping the card into another slot, reinstalled windows and also hooked up my front panel audio and tried to get sound out that way... Still not working. i can use everything else, digital out, mic, line in etc, just the headphone jack and headphone plug for the front panel.

i submitted a ticket about a week ago, and still haven't received a response, so i'm wondering has anyone else had problems contacting them.

tried calling them and all i got was an answering machine.

oh if i put the card in another pci-e slot my computer dosen't detect the card at all. cant install drivers and dosen't show in device manager.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I've been trying to do an RMA on my X-fi forte for MONTHS. Never ever gotten any kind of response from them. IMO worst company ever, will never recommend to anyone, not ever buy from again.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sickened1 View Post
I've been trying to do an RMA on my X-fi forte for MONTHS.
thats depressing i was hoping to not have to buy a new card as i like everything about it, but i guess i will start looking at least

·
Registered
87 Posts
Same story more or less. Have had a ticket in for a month and a half without a word from Auzentech. Seems to be the norm based on what you read on their forums.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think the moving of their warehouse effected there RMA department as a friend finally got a email and tracking number of his replacement.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by admflameberg View Post
I think the moving of their warehouse effected there RMA department as a friend finally got a email and tracking number of his replacement.
That could be a plus. Hopefully I hear something soon then

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
I had this problem when I RMA'd my forte. I had more luck getting someone to send me an email back when I first asked for a ticket. I ended up contacting newegg and tell them about the situation. They were really helpful and gave me auzen's phone number (they never gave me that).

What I ended up doing was emailing auzentech letting them know that I just notified newegg and was going to submit them to the better business bureau. I got a working card back the same week.

So give something like that a shot.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i finally got an email from auzentech with an rma number and everything to send it back. shouldnt have taken the whole month, but what can i do. packing up the card to send it back and will post with any updates.

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
Did you have any luck? It seems mine is having issues at the moment as well.
frown.gif
Headphone jack won't play anything and my Mic In stopped working as well. I made a ticket but never even got a response like "We are looking into it" etc. I will also never buy an Auzentech product. Loved the card but this is unacceptable.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATFISH;11835332
Did you have any luck? It seems mine is having issues at the moment as well.
frown.gif
Headphone jack won't play anything and my Mic In stopped working as well. I made a ticket but never even got a response like "We are looking into it" etc. I will also never buy an Auzentech product. Loved the card but this is unacceptable.
i submitted a ticket over 3 months ago and still no reply. it was for different problem but getting no reply for 3 months is unacceptable. never gonna get an auzentech card again. i finally caved in got another card. i wanted to get an xonar d2x or whatever but it was over $150 and i didn't want to spend another $150 on a soundcard. only got the card working for 9 months
mad.gif

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Bumping this thread as I just myself started an RMA process on my Forte due to a supposedly damaged PSU as per their customer service response when I told them my headphones/speakers were generating massive electric interference noise when outputted through the card. I submitted my ticket this morning ~11am EST and got a response at 5pm EST same day - I think my turn around time was quick because I accidentally submitted the ticket as a pre-sales question (ironic that they would get back to me so quick, huh). Waiting now to get my RMA # after filling out their form. Fingers crossed.

Also, can someone please post their direct #. I'll contact Newegg in the meantime to see if I can also get something from them in case Auzen starts ignoring me even though card was purchased on 12.8.09 so I doubt Egg will help in anyway except hopefully giving me Auzen's info.

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone else in the RMA line!

[EDIT - also, anyone find it weird that Egg stopped carrying their products?]

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm starting to see what people mean about their RMA. I submitted a RMA ticket with a filled out RMA form as well a receipt of purchase and a picture of the UPC to their RMA email address after I was told to do so by a CS rep - got a reply back from the RMA email (3 days later) telling me to submit the ticket again as if they blatantly did not read my freaking email nor open any of the attachments.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i never got anywhere ive sent them emails back and forth trying to get everything figured out, but it takes them forever to respond, they sent me an email after sending me an rma number asking for more information to wither i was actually having problems with the card etc... sent them all the needed info and no word yet even with multiple emails back and forth. i'm pretty much fed up at this moment and just chalk it up to a bad experience and am looking for a new card eventually

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burksdb;11903006
i never got anywhere ive sent them emails back and forth trying to get everything figured out, but it takes them forever to respond, they sent me an email after sending me an rma number asking for more information to wither i was actually having problems with the card etc... sent them all the needed info and no word yet even with multiple emails back and forth. i'm pretty much fed up at this moment and just chalk it up to a bad experience and am looking for a new card eventually
Agreed. It's like they don't even read the emails you send them and just reply with a generic response (even though the signature line is a CS rep's name). I'm almost afraid sending them my card because I feel it would get lost.

Everyone was praising their sound cards a year ago so that's why I purchased
mine. Should have just gotten an ASUS instead.
mad.gif

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Shocking treatment to paying customers. This thread, and many others, have persuaded me to get a Xonar Essence instead. Hope they manage to get their act together soon for your sake. They are supposedly getting a shipment of Forte's this week.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Still nothing from their RMA dept after a few more emails to them.

I called the Egg today and they told me that they would get me their direct # they have on file through their supply chain department. Unfortunately, those folks won't be in until tomorrow. Hopefully calling these a-holes directly will yield better results. I've owned the card now for over a year so it's not that huge of a loss and normally I would not care as much but it's the principle here - they were lighting quick to respond to my email when i first accidentally contacted their SALES email address but do not respond when you contact their RMA address. Total BS. Will post the # tomorrow once I get it.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATFISH
View Post

Yeah, still no word on mine either. I'm using onboard and it will suffice for now. Maybe I'll pick up that NIC/Sound Card combo when it comes out...

Sounds like a good choice, but only if it is comparable to their higher end cards. It sounds like the sound card is just their mediocre DX series. If it is, then you are looking at a downgrade.

Sucks for the RMA situation. Maybe state that you will report them to the BBB if they don't give a response in soon time like another member has said? I have a feeling my next sound card is not going to be auzentech due to situations like this.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Well, after the card completely failed I decided to send it. They've had my card for over 2 weeks now. No status update and of course they are not responding to emails.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts