Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have purchased and own a Asus Xonar D2X sound card for almost 1 year. Although the sound card is amazing and never gave me any problems I am a PC gamer First before anything and I have to honestly say this sound card is not worth it for gamers, only for music fanatics.

Anyways I am going to be selling my Xonar D2X and would like some opinion on "Hands Down THE best Sound card for gaming" I always hear things about the AuzenTech company specially the prelude but i never used any of their products or haven't seen it face to face to give it my own judgment.

Anyways how is the new forte by AuzenTech, or the prelude? I am going to be upgrading my speakers soon to the Logitech Z5500 or whatever its called (5.1) and wish to hear some feedback on sound cards in the market now.

I actually enjoy sound more on games than actual graphics so money not a prob,em when its going to my sound card, and i am sure i can sell my xonar d2x for about what i payed.

Any advice is extremely appreciated, I use windows vista 64 bit by the way I might upgrade to 7 in future but not any time soon. How is creative these days by the way? my first sound card Audigy 2 Zs sound card was one of the best i owned, but i always heard bad things after vista came out.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
IIRC one is specifically for gaming and the other for entertainment. I think the forte is for gaming and the prelude for entertainment

• Rep+
Reactions: KingAlkaiser

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The Forte is an amazing card for gaming AND music. The card's built in headphone amp works wonders with a decent set of headphones as well.
From my understanding though the Forte is being replaced by the Bravura.
I may be wrong about that though.

• Rep+
Reactions: KingAlkaiser

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the information, so the Bravura is better than the Forte,or prelude for Gaming 1rst before anything else? is there any other companies with even better sound cards? I heard creative went down the crapper is this still true today?

I never used these company before how good is the AuzenTech company?

P.S- I will be replacing my speakers soon, i am surprised to hear some people prefer 2.0 speakers over 5.1 is this true @[email protected] i always assumed 5.1 was always better than anything lower in channels?

i use these speakers:
http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-.../dp/B0006688XY

Can someone recommend me anything better within the price range of 100-200 maybe 250 at most.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Actually, the Bravura uses the same basic chip as the X-Fi Xtreme Audio, which isn't actually an X-Fi chip. The Forte is still better.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is the Forte "THE BEST" hands down Gaming as a 1st primary use of card out there?

How are the new creative cards? Any other card better than this?

Thank you for reply guys i appreciate the help a lot.

·
Nope
2,203 Posts
No it's not the best sound card for gaming out there, but it's pretty damn close. The best one you can get is a Asus Essence ST/STX.

·
#SavedTheCrew
2,644 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingAlkaiser View Post
So is the Forte "THE BEST" hands down Gaming as a 1st primary use of card out there?

How are the new creative cards? Any other card better than this?

Thank you for reply guys i appreciate the help a lot.
I own the Forte... and I'm also a gaming first guy with my rig. I wouldn't have spent my money on anything else to be honest. I've been overly happy with my Forte and it's headphone pre-amp.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you say these are the best "PERIOD" sound cards for gaming? I bought Asus Xonar D2X for gaming and found it rather disappointing due to it being better just for music and movies only instead of gaming.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829132010

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829132014

Whats the difference between these two?
are games still using EAX from creative? do these even support it? and whats the difference between these 2? Finally are they better than Xonar D2X i have now and Any of the AuzenTech sound cards?

·
Nope
2,203 Posts
Only diff is one is PCI the other is PCIE 1x. Yes they are better. Just go look at the reviews and they will tell you everything.

·
#SavedTheCrew
2,644 Posts
I'm not arguing that those aren't good sound cards, but for gaming I find that the Auzen produces the perfect solution. Headphone pre-amp, and the X-Fi chip provided without the shoddy creative card components/drivers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts