Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody

Now I'll be the first to admit I don't know a thing about sound cards. I am more of a Graphics Card and Case kinda guy.

So I was wondering if I'd see any improvement in my sound quality with my Steelseries 7H's if I bought a Auzentech X-Fi Forte?

Thanks in advance

Callen

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm cheers mate
smile.gif

I might grab it then cheers. Just a little concerned about the customer service but I guess you get that from time to time.

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
I never actually called the company and I've heard of people having success with that. But their ticket system and emails never got me anywhere (no responses in months). The card was great. I used it for digital out via optical to my sound system, headphone out to my A700s, and a few of the speakers outs for random things. Never had an issue. They do use modified (I think) Creative drivers which can be a bit much but just install what you need and they aren't too intrusive.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
yes, but depending on use, other soundcards may be better so....

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers ieatfish
smile.gif

What sound card would you suggest chinesekiwi?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I just picked up a Forte a couple weeks ago. I cant comment on build or reliability yet but the sound quality is quite amazing coming from onboard audio.

With the right settings the forte is awesome for gaming. I feel like I have supersonic 3d hearing that my gun follows when play FPS. Im sure people some people must think Im hacking
smile.gif

I dont listen to a lot of music with my headphones on my PC but the testing I did do I had great sound. Im sure other cards are better option for music/movies.

If you do go ahead with a forte make sure to disable all the auto features, like auto headphone detection and the mode switcher.

The headphone detection will screw things up if you have both headphones and speakers connected. And the mode switcher never works for me

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Forte for 2 years now, and I have to say its fantastic for gaming. I have the nice 3D sounds to hear exactly where the noises are coming from. Just remember to get the latest driver (Hah! creative and their drivers...)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have a Forte just sitting around. If you're willing to pay for shipping, I'll gladly send mine over. I'd rest easy knowing that it is being used by someone instead of just sitting around in my room gathering dust...

PM me.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
You will hear a difference, but barely any. Those headphones won't benefit from the forte.

Let alone, I'd stay away from auzentech from now on. I love my forte, don't get me wrong, but I'm hearing that the card usually dies within a year and or you get really bad tech support.

But ANYWAYS. Mikers' option sounds awesome.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
maybe we two share the same question

i was looking for a sound card to get rid of my onboard

will.......the Auzentech Forte is great, it almost the same as the fatal1ty pro sound card which many consider now is the best all around sound card and the 1# in gaming and it uses the same Creative X-Fi techs , apps and drivers that people says it`s more stable than Creative`s

BUT the only con about this card is the price.........ok we all agree that the Forte is better (by far) from on board but does this (by far) worth 150$ ???

so no problem with the money..............go get it

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crag
View Post

maybe we two share the same question

i was looking for a sound card to get rid of my onboard

will.......the Auzentech Forte is great, it almost the same as the fatal1ty pro sound card which many consider now is the best all around sound card and the 1# in gaming and it uses the same Creative X-Fi techs , apps and drivers that people says it`s more stable than Creative`s

BUT the only con about this card is the price.........ok we all agree that the Forte is better (by far) from on board but does this (by far) worth 150$ ???

so no problem with the money..............go get it

Auzentech Forte has MUCH, MUCH, better components for audio quality then the fatal1ty. The fatal1ty can't power a 600 Ohm headset like the Forte can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts