·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PC Chips M963GV $37
ARK A502 Case w/ 420w $25

Scythe Samurai HSF $23
Generic 512MB PC2100 Memory $25

*I will be using my Intel Pentium 4 1.4GHz Willamette Core, DVD-ROM, CD-R Burner, Floppy, 40GB Seagate IDE, MSI 5600XT, MSI Wireless Internal Card, 120mm fan and 2 80mm fans that I have laying around. Shipping on these items will be around $30 total.

I am selling my Dell Motherboard, Case Fan Shroud, PC133 Memory, 250w PSU, and the Barebone Case on Ebay. They will bring me around $140 on there (might get a little more), and this based on consistent completed listings.

Total build expense = $0.00

The performance increase will be noticable, but not really that much. I have seen, read, heard that I can expect to get another 200MHz out of that sweet Willamette Core. Really looking forward to that.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
your expense is actually $-10

your making money

yeah, at least 200MZ, thats a 14x multiplier right?

129 FSB will get you 1.8GZ

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really can not remember, but I think you are right about the multiplier. I kind of like the idea of getting the "Bastard Child" of Intel in a more up to date system. I going to prove all those critics wrong about the Willamette Pentium 4 not being better then Pentium 3 clock for clock. Oh well, should run my kids games and be a good starter computer for my 4-year-old.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
yeah, will be fine for a 4 year old

i actually really wanna see those comparisons, because I'm trying to learn as much as 478 as possible

i really like that whole series, albeit AGP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts