Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

im thinking of getting this kit from raystorm

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/XSPC-RayStorm-750-AX360-Watercooling-Kit-pid-18365.html

XSPC-RayStorm-750-AX360

i have antec case atm with lots of fans + my noctua nh-d14 and 7970 twin frozr - everything OC'ed, iut is all running absolutely fine but i will be moving my pc into the bedroom and i will need it to be really silent. i was told water cooling will sort this so looked and found this kit, my question is how quiet will it be? i never had water cooling before so i dont know how it compares to air cooling..also if im installing it in push /pull config thats 6 fan just on the rad - that cant be quiet can it?

second question is regarding the graphics. im thinking of adding another 7970 later on and running it crossfire - will this kit be enough to provide decent cooling with two cards? (cpu is running 4.8 atm but i can get 5 eaisily with decent cooling and thats what i want to be running it at)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
The kit will be enough to cool your card and cpu,however it all depends on your ambient temps if you rig will be quiet or not....What i mean is the lower the ambient the slower you can run your fans,but with a high ambient temp you may need to run the fans at full speed,it also depends on the kind of fans you will be using....If you do add another 7970 it would be best to add another rad (maybe a 240) if the case can do it....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts