Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok

I have rebridged it , L8 CCCCC, L11 CCCCC, maximum voltage, +10% that my mobo allows, we have 2.1V (as 200x8.5 mem is at 200MHz, CL2, no other timings my mobo allows.. it's an asrock k7v88 with 1.4 bios, i know it is not a great choice for OCing) which is getting on my nerves... almost stock cooling, but i don't think this is the problem, since at 1.7GHz it runs at 47C under load. I know this cpu can go much higher.

any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: gts2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

Have you the options to up your N Bridge and RAM voltage? If so a lil bump there might help.

NB voltage... unfortunately no... the bios won't allow that. But! i don't think that upping that voltage is necessary... this mobo supports all XPs so it should be able to go up to 2.2 at least.

Also the memory runs at stock speeds, 200MHz and with loose timings (CL2, others my SPD)
i'm almost certain that it is solely a cpu-related issue.

also the way it crashes is somewhat peculiar... It bsods with the all-too-familiar Irq less or equal which normaly means bad driver... and then says "dumping memory" and "mem dump completed" which means that THE CPU WORKS FINE!!! but something, somewhere, tells windows to bsod! (of course this doesn't happen always... sometimes i just get a freeze, a reset or a GSOD (green SOD... yes, i've seen one...))

i do not want to try upping the mem speed and dropping the fsb... 'cause i know it ain't favourable and i don't want to lose the CL2 timing even tho i know it is not of any significance.

The core CAN do 1.8GHz... question is WHY won't it run... at 1.7GHz i can throw anything at it and it remains stable as a rock. The temp is 50C, but that is only because i have upped Vcc to 1.9V... when it was at 1.7V it was at 47C and stable as a fscking train!

thanks for the ideas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.