Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I guess you can guess that this mod is based off of the ship "EVENT HORIZON"

I am starting off with a old packard bell mATX case, and heres some of my reference pics.
I hope this gives you guys an idea of that I'm trying to do.

ref pics :

front panel

the window

except have all the rings aligned and the lights will be white 3mm led's or optic fiber , also instead of the sphere in the center I'll be having a window

post progress shots soon
I cant wait

it's a awsome move considering the pitch to paramount was "a haunted house in space"

but here's what I have done so far (not much) due to the fact I have a swag of commissioned miniatures to paint

pics

·
Unimportant
17,772 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smash_mouth01
View Post

nice pic ,it's similar but not the same exactly

I guess your right, mine did have the guy's head in it but I had someone remove that and add replacements.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
If you rubbed off Event Horizon and stuck a Bioshock logo on it, then sprayed a Big Daddy on the side, you could pass that off as a Bioshock mod.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Subbed!!!
Scariest movie I've ever watched.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyFox
View Post

Subbed!!!
Scariest movie I've ever watched.

then you need to go watch PULSE (original)

back on topic: nice mod idea can't wait to see.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok here we go some new shots of the case work, thanks to all for being patient I have been swamped with miniatures to paint on commission....... and here we go

This first pic shows the new detail added it was a pain to make sure the measurements where right.

The second is of the material I am using, which is Evergreen Scale Models sheet styrene.
I highly recommend the use of due to the ease of cutting and shaping.

Now I'm getting ready to fill in and reshape the sheet styrene with an epoxy putty, this product acts like clay can be smoothed with water and diluted to an extent , it also has a good cure time about 2 hours but I'd recommend waiting for 20 to 24 hours after that it can be calved,sanded,drilled,turned and tapped.
This stuff Magic Sculpt sets as hard as rock I cant even crush a small ball of it with a pair of pliers
so make sure your happy with what work you may of completed, oh and I forgot it's water proof.

So that's it for the moment so I hope you stay in tune.
so if there's any ideas or constructive comments please say it, or if you guys want to know more info about the products I use just ask

1 - 19 of 19 Posts