Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally joined Overclock.net near the end of 2007. At the time, I was new to the PC enthusiast community and was looking to tap the immense reserves of knowledge this site offers. As time went on, I became more involved with the hobby and much more active on OCN; even competing once in the "Mod of the Month" contest.

I later took a job doing desktop support and began finding after many hours of working on computers each day, the last thing I wanted to do is come home and work on my own. While I still continued to game occasionally, my interest waned as did my activity here. I ended up gravitating toward interests that were more in contrast to my professional life at the time.

Yet later, my little girl was born and that marked a turning point where the small, remaining enthusiast in me was put on the shelf. No more gaming, no more forums, no more Micro Center. My desktop was shut down for weeks at a time and simply collected dust. To those that don't yet have children I can't accurately describe how valuable the commodity of time really is following childbirth.

Today, I still work in a tech field but I'm far removed from maintaining desktops. My daughter has gotten older and things have a calmed down a little bit. After some consideration, I've decided it's time to make a return to the hobby and become active again on OCN.

I look forward to catching up on the current state of things as well as meeting the current members!

·
Da Boss
1,895 Posts
Welcome back friend! As one parent to another, I can fully understand the trials your went through after becoming a parent. As a fellow tech enthusiast as well as an I.T. professional (Help Desk Analyst), I also know how it feels to want to not deal with your own PC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts