Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really enjoyed these last 3 weeks of freedom, but as of tomorrow night I will be back in shcool for the year, in which the longest break I am looking forward to before December is 8 days.

I will try to take time in my CIsco class to be on the forum helping out utherwise I will most likely remain silent except for notifications about the them and of coarse I will try to be on during the weekend if my wife doesn't kill me for it.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Good luck man, study hard and put your teachers to shame!

I am going into the 3rd term for my Bachelors in Information System Security and the Associates in Network Engineering, my schooling is Advanced level (4 nights a week, 4 hours a night, and bunch of online homework, all within 2 months per term).
I am currently on the dean's list and planning to put eveerybody to chame just like I have been doing since August.

Thank you for the confidence.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
That's awesome, too bad I'm looking for a Doctorate in CS otherwise I would do something like that. Mfillpot how old are you?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

That's awesome, too bad I'm looking for a Doctorate in CS otherwise I would do something like that. Mfillpot how old are you?

22, I wouldn't go to college until I found a field in IT that would not loose value.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

22, I wouldn't go to college until I found a field in IT that would not loose value.

so networking it is! Hey don't worry if you have any questions for any your classes, send me a PM.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

so networking it is! Hey don't worry if you have any questions for any your classes, send me a PM.

Ntwroking is a dead trade, anyone who is going to school for networking is doing the same as Computer Science majors, both fields are going to be obsolete very soon because the big companies are making the network admin and programming abilities much easily understood.

The two best fields you can get into are Network Engineering and Information System Security.

NE ~$60K - $100K
ISS ~$90K - $175K

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Ahh your gonig back to school lol less forum help...im sure yiffy will pick up slack lol

And i have learned a lot of stuff from you thanks for all the info dude lol everyone on oc.net

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

Ahh your gonig back to school lol less forum help...im sure yiffy will pick up slack lol

And i have learned a lot of stuff from you thanks for all the info dude lol everyone on Overclock.Net

just a little less forum, I now consider this my community of choice and have a bad addiction from this site.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Man I'm going to be geting a CS degree, and yes the job market is empty unless you are a: Operating system programmer, base IT (CIS more though), Drivers writer, video game programmer, umm there is still ungodly ammounts of needs for CS majors, just search a job search program with qualities. I find 43700 needs for CS major jobs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts